Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2004 2:04pm

Style: Ryukyu Kempo-Toudi Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Kempocos
    Date is tough for me, If I can get there

44 6'3" 245 RYUKYU KEMPO two years then a break six years since starting again, JUJITSU, ARNIS, ISSHINRYU.

Light to medium sparring , I do not do enough ground so I would like to roll and learn.
    KEMPOCOS,

If we both make it there I would be happy to go over any questions or go over any kata/bunkai with regards to Ryukyu Kempo. I remember you mentioned that you wanted some footage of Geraldi's or Oyata's students doing kata so you could compare.

Just a thought.

Kind regards,

Raul

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 10:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What type of equipment are people bringing? I have a mouth piece [actually, I have to pick up a new one] but no other standup sparring gear.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Raul Perez
    KEMPOCOS,

If we both make it there I would be happy to go over any questions or go over any kata/bunkai with regards to Ryukyu Kempo. I remember you mentioned that you wanted some footage of Geraldi's or Oyata's students doing kata so you could compare.

Just a thought.

Kind regards,

Raul
    Thanks I would like that ..more reason to try and make it. I have had to start training in ISSHINRYU since my old school closed and these guys are the only good school near me. They spar every class and do not watch the clock so we always end later than the schedule says.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 11:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am bringing (if I can make it... so far looks good) gloves, mouthpiece, and a head guard. I can bring an extra pair of gloves and head gear (Proforce head guard w/ face cage) for those that dont have any equipment and want to do stand up.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am bringing:

2 pairs shooto gloves (i prefer these for both standup and ground with strikes)
    1 pair MMA gloves (in case someone else brings them and doesn't want to use shooto gloves)
    1 pair 14oz boxing gloves (some people may want to do standup with boxing gloves)
    1 mouth guard
    2 head gear with face cage (in case anyone needs to borrow 1)
    1 head gear without face cage
    2 pairs shin guards (in case anyone needs to borrow a pair)
    1 pair wrestling shoes
    1 jiu-jitsu gi (so jay can show me all the chokes i have been missing out on by going no-gi all the time)
    1 rash guard
    1 pair fight shorts

i can also bring some focus mits and some thai pads in case anyone wants to demonstrate training drills
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 10:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
    1 jiu-jitsu gi (so jay can show me all the chokes i have been missing out on by going no-gi all the time)
    I only know a few. I'll try and brush up on them and see what I can do. I'm trying to see if someone with more BJJ training than myself is willing to show up.

Is 4 people all we have attending? Geez. I'm going to have to ask those dudes from Shaolin Wolf to show up now...:D

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have been talking with the guys i train with... if we can get djimbe to show up i know a guy who is 280-300lbs and would love to spar someone bigger than him. the other guys are interested too, but i'll bet i can only get 1 or 2 to come with me since things always seem to come up at the last minute.

however, if you can get a couple guys from your gym too, and raul gets 1 or 2, then we'll have a decent number i guess.

regardless, i think it'll be fun even if just 4 of us show up, at least we can set a precedent and have another ina few months.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My work just switched my schedule so I might not be able to make it, but I will do my best. And I would be coming in from grand central. Whats the best way for me to get there? Im sure that therre is a subway right there, right?

24 years old. JKDC 7 years, BJJ 5 month blue belt.

Im bringing gi, sticks, knives, gloves, and maybe a motorcycle helmet in case anyone wants to see the Straight Blast. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll see what i can do. I'll mention it at the instructor's meeting this Saturday. But not many are as open to meet other martial artists and train with them as I am.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by jaychiu
    I'm going to have to ask those dudes from Shaolin Wolf to show up now...:D
    Please do.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast