Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo-Goju Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personnaly, I go to officer.com, if i want to talk cop shop, I want to talk Martail arts I come here.

I am not against the forum idea, but it really does'nt matter to me personally.
    16 years till retirement.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 6:11pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "You know, I'm a cop/soldier and I'm better than everybody else.... but, I'm not sure that everybody knows it. How can I make sure that everybody is aware of just how special I really am...?

...???

... I got it! I'll get some flare for my profile?! I don't know though. It's just not... special enough.

...???

.... Eureka! A super-secret exclusive club! A club where we can talk about boot bands, kevlars, brasso, pinko-commie faggots, and how that uppity ****** boy totally deserved an ass kicking .... all free from the prying eyes of shitbird, civilian scum!

That'll show those civvie slobs! OORAH!"

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 6:46pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spring, if you're a bouncer or ever have been one you should PM Vieux Normand about his club house.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 7:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was also a US Marine (or am I still a Marine, what with the whole "once a Marine, always a Marine" business?). Not really my point. I think the idea of a closed-off forum accessible to only a few members is ridiculous and unnecessary. Clubs don't really appeal to me. It'll just be one circle jerk wrapped inside another circle jerk. Whatever floats your boat, homie. I haven't posted here in months and I have no plans of posting again anytime soon, if ever, so it's of no real concern to me anyway. It just happened to catch my eye today and I decided to chime in.

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 8:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very understandable dude. It sounds like you had a rough time in the military. See a lot of racisim or something??

Anyhow the other times I've seen these clubs they haven't been big circle jerks at all. I can only assume the Bulshido Black Belt club isn't full of people jerking each other off talking about all the loser non-black belts?

I've thought about this idea for a while before bringing it up.
    I don't want our non-military/LEO friends to take it as a slight or sign of mistrust. It's not that at all guys (and girls).

Let me give examples.
    Throwing my head on the chopping block for a minute (with hopes of curbing the tree house misconception), I have a lot of respect for the soldiers from other countries here and enjoy having serious conversions with them.

Do you think I'm comfortable openly talking how the first person I've shot who wasn't some evil bad guy terrorizer planting an IED but a 'friendly' cop?
    That's just opening myself up for some asshole to make an LOL I ARE FUNNY LOOKA AT ME comment.

What about the difficulties of a squad leader or platoon commander who has to write a letter home to one of his dead soldiers families and try to talk about the kid when they pretty much had no idea who he was cause he never got a chance to know him.

How to deal with a buddy who put a round into a fellow soldier by accident killing them.

Or (at a guess) the stresses Law Enforcement types might face between being a professional upholder of the law and not ruining some kids life for a minor infraction and maybe a bad call in judgement they may have made which fucked someone up.

That's serious stuff man, you know that. A lot of people will treat those topics with respect but theres bound to be some prick who thinks i's funny to throw in some retarded jab thinking their funny.

Thats not even getting into the topic of what LEO and MIL types can't legally express openly infront of the media.

Spring you've been military. Maybe you got out a while ago but you know how fucking crazy the chain of command can be when it comes to that kinda stuff. I'e known soldiers whom have got kicked out of the military for blogging or bitching online. Facebook is a fucking chain of command witch hunt at times.

With comments like
    "You know, I'm a cop/soldier and I'm better than everybody else.... but, I'm not sure that everybody knows it. How can I make sure that everybody is aware of just how special I really am...?
    Can you really blame professional warriors for having an active interest in keeping their personal gripes and complaints private?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You make some good points, and you're also not being a dick, so I suppose I'll stop being one, too.

My comment you quoted above wasn't really directed at military/LEO types anyway. You could replace them with any other group and I'd have the same gripe. It's more about the exclusive forum hidden from the view of everybody else, supporting member or otherwise.

For example, I'd have same the reaction if the proffessional/amateur fighters here asked for an axclusive club, so as not to reveal their training strategies or whatever? I imagine lots of people would speak out against that. Who knows though?

I understand what you mean about not wanting to talk about certain things on a public forum, but is it necessary to have a restricted-access forum dedicated to it? Would private messaging not be suitable for topics like that? I mean, would those sensitive topics really arise that frequently?

I really have no dog in this fight anyway. I'll disappear after tonight and that'll be that. Thanks for humoring me with sincere replies though.

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Can you really blame professional warriors for having an active interest in keeping their personal gripes and complaints private?
    ...which is why forums, outside of the martial-art-debunking site known as Bullshido, exist. Not that anyone has suggested another exclusive discussion board just like them can't be replicated on BSD--that's between the interested parties and the site owner--just...if they already exist elsewhere, why not just sign on to one of those? Seems to work for Milwaukee Cop.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/16/2009 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Phrost. I want an Otaku only subforum. These boring mundanes don't understand what it's like to drive for days to a con then spend the whole day lugging around an eight foot long sword and be expected to look good in it.
    Last edited by Hedgehogey; 4/16/2009 10:05pm at .

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Infidel

Posted On:
    5/04/2009 9:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost, anymore thought given to the subforum idea?

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 7:22pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost, anymore thought given to the subforum idea?
    I just read your replies to SpringHeeledJack (email notifications haven't gotten to me for months and the post I'm quoting is the first activity in this thread that's showed in my UserCP since I last posted), and I want to reference my earlier post about access control.

I can empathize with your desire for a place that can't be seen by Google's spider to discuss things which might be used against you, but I want to be able to at least see the discussions which fall short of being so extraordinarily sensitive.
    Do you think I'm comfortable openly talking how the first person I've shot who wasn't some evil bad guy terrorizer planting an IED but a 'friendly' cop?
    That's just opening myself up for some asshole to make an LOL I ARE FUNNY LOOKA AT ME comment.
    This is exactly why I want to be able to read the sub-forum, and why I think posting capability should be limited. I sympathize with your desire to avoid such comments from assholes, but at the same time I have a strong desire to be a well informed civilian.

Do you want my knowledge of war to be dictated by politicians and the fucktards that manage American news distribution?

A dear friend of mine graduated from a police academy a few months ago, and I would like to have some insight into the kinds of things she might be facing. Not because I can't talk to her, or that I lack any other sources of information, but because I do everything I can in my daily life to be as informed as possible about the issues I care about. I count law enforcement and defense policy among my considerations and would like as much first-hand "straight dope" as I can get, in order to avoid being yet another ignorant piece of **** that would rather run his mouth than know what he's talking about.

If the technical limitations of the site dictate that such fine-grained access controls aren't possible, I'll understand; short of that, though, I think it's a disservice to every responsible citizen to put the reality of civil service (for want of a better term) behind a veil.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast