221278 Bullies, 4496 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 10:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you lock this forum or you create a new sub forum? :psyduck:
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 10:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so, you wouldn't give me an invite GS? i'm hurt, truly.

i bet kein haar would hook me up.
    :new_all_c

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 11:44am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    3. An OPSEC for Dummies guide.
    Hilarious, that's one of the first things that popped into my head when I first read the OP.

Anyone who violates the OPSEC requirements should have their membership terminated immediately. Not because the information inside the forum will be that sensitive (it won't), but to ensure that the LEO and Military members continue to feel comfortable and secure in that environment.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a good idea to keep green members from running off at the mouth, which shouldn't happen, but it is good to remind people. Plus it is always nice to have a definintive punishment.

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 12:36pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I'm sold on it, but we need 3 things:

1. Solid commitment to keep it from being a ghost forum (I hate those with a passion). This involves members actively recruiting people they know on and off line to post there.
    Understood. As mentioned above this might initially attract other LEO/Mil types to the forum.

2. A crystal clear and simple set of access requirements.
    Can't speak for the LEO side of the house but as far as military how about something like this.

Must be a former or current member of the armed forces, full time or reserve (NATO) and able to provide proof.
    Must have a minimum of 20 (?) posts.
    Must have been registered here for at least 1 month.
    Must be a member in good standing.

3. An OPSEC for Dummies guide.
    How is this for a start

The forum is designed for members of the law enforcement community and military to relax and exchange ideas and discussions in private.

At no time will members discuss material that if compromised would endanger fellow members of their trade serving abroad or at home.
    Failure to adhere to the rules will result in the member being removed from the user group.

I'm thinking most LEO and Military will know what's acceptable to post in a private forum and what's not. For those that don't- the remainder of the members will probably be pretty quick to point it out to them and have said offending post removed.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Infidel

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 12:42pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    So you lock this forum or you create a new sub forum? :psyduck:
    Defiantly not lock the armoury. It's basically like Bullshido's Black Belt Club forum.
    Neildo, I think the answer is simple. Go join the reserves out in BC.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 1:41pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    The forum is designed for members of the law enforcement community and military to relax and exchange ideas and discussions in private.

At no time will members discuss material that if compromised would endanger fellow members of their trade serving abroad or at home.
    Failure to adhere to the rules will result in the member being removed from the user group
    Of course that all needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    I'm thinking most LEO and Military will know what's acceptable to post in a private forum and what's not. For those that don't- the remainder of the members will probably be pretty quick to point it out to them and have said offending post removed.
    I was thinking more along the lines of, what's read in the private area stays in the private area. Same policy as information in the BBC.

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be 100% behind it if it was titled: "The Warrantless Wiretap of Lord Humungous Forum" and he was locked out.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or how about "ACRONYM CLUSTERFUCK THREAD"? that's also a cool title. I'm here to help...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 5:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Hilarious, that's one of the first things that popped into my head when I first read the OP.

Anyone who violates the OPSEC requirements should have their membership terminated immediately. Not because the information inside the forum will be that sensitive (it won't), but to ensure that the LEO and Military members continue to feel comfortable and secure in that environment.
    True: nobody would want those who face danger in the real world to "feel insecure and uncomfortable" in cybergard. Anyway...

Want a cost-effective way to get the military/LEO treefort up 'n' pure?

Moderate the "Armory" subforum somewhat like the "DHS" subforum used to be moderated. Any ignoroid comments or "uniforms-suck" sloganeering would result in deletion of such posts and a subforum-permaban of those who posted them.

Or you could go to the trouble of reinventing the wheel--a "uniforms-only" forum within BSD...to add to those like it which already exist elsewhere on the web.

Whichever, y'know, makes more sense...
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast