Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 10:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not go one better? Once the military/LEO-only subforum has been established, all other subforums can specifically exclude military/LEOs.

EDIT:...unless, of course, those wishing to join the other subforums PM proof to the mods, which will allow them to participate and net them a nice "civilian" tag. We get far too much "civilians-suck" stuff as it is, from people who don't have a clue what that kind of life is like...
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 4/14/2009 10:40pm at .

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm............ i would prefer that it be open to the public to read, but restricted to people with military and LEO tags to post.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 11:11pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Why not go one better? Once the military/LEO-only subforum has been established, all other subforums can specifically exclude military/LEOs.

EDIT:...unless, of course, those wishing to join the other subforums PM proof to the mods, which will allow them to participate and net them a nice "civilian" tag. We get far too much "civilians-suck" stuff as it is, from people who don't have a clue what that kind of life is like...
    LEO/Military (ex-LEO/Military) members have experience as civilians, non LEO/Military people don't have experience in both areas of life. So really we would have access to both areas. :zicon_ram

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 12:00am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    As far as the concept of the sub forum goes no I don't think stricter moderation would matter.

The idea is for the forum to be Military and Law Enforcement only and not accessible by the public even as a read only forum.

A place where we can (within opsec) discuss what's going in Afghanistan, Iraq and on the mean streets back home at a soldier/beat cop? level without trolls and more importantly the media having a crack at it.
    I get where you're coming from, but I'd like very much to be able to read the forum. How am I supposed to stop being an ignorant shitass civilian if I'm not allowed to get some perspective?

After reading this thread, I've imagined a hybrid approach. By default, the forum is read-only to anyone not verified as Military or Law Enforcement, and those who are verified as such can post. However, the person who creates a new thread can click a checkbox which makes the thread invisible to the public. Think of it like proactive redaction. That checkbox would still be available to the thread starter or a mod in case the thread evolves into something which needs to be redacted.

Phrost or a mod will have to comment as to whether the granularity of access controls would allow for such a dynamic, but I think it's a solid compromise.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 12:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be sad to see this "exclusive" thing happen.
    As much as I understand that there are things you can't talk about on a public forum, for several reasons. I like the army LEO forum. I know that I sometimes don't agree with stuff posted in here but I know this is the weapon army leo forum so I STFU and read. I like stuff posted here, I learned a lot about types of rounds/calibers/rifels/handguns that I never would have bothered with if it wasn't for this forum. Also I like the stories people post, such as Dave or Gazeere.
    I know you guys want your own playground, fair enough, but the question is if a few PM's (you can send to several people) wouldn't do and keep us "normals" here.
    Just saying.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 12:49am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this is a good idea. It could have a public and a private area, similar to the BBC. The Armory is already the public shop. Why not set up a private club too?

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 1:54am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the idea. I do prefer to allow a civilian perspective on the vast majority of the topics we discuss, as I think the rest of society should have a greater awareness of these things, but there are some subjects are a little more "privileged."

Might attract more military/LEO types to the forum as well.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bad: Forum will be filled with jingoistic glurge

Good: Maybe they'll get it out of their systems there

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 9:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek View Post
    LEO/Military (ex-LEO/Military) members have experience as civilians, non LEO/Military people don't have experience in both areas of life. So really we would have access to both areas. :zicon_ram
    PROOF of "civilian experience" is required. PM this to the mods or you don't get to climb up into the "civvies-only tree-fort". Exclusivity demands maintenance of standards, dontcha know...

Actually, come to think of it, why limit this "exclusion" business to one or two professions? I've been professionally involved in use-of-force on combative individuals for longer than some uniformed pers. have even been alive--and without the benefits of the tools they can carry on the job. Why not a "bouncers-only subforum"?

No need to stop there. No discussions of any MA whatsoever by those who cannot prove that they practise the MA in question--separate, totally-exclusive subforums for each and every MA. Also, let us not forget those involved in dealing with the repercussions of force used. An exclusive subforum open only to lawyers. Another one for paramedics. One for reconstructive surgeons. And so on...

This could be the start of something which, I'm sure, exists NOWHERE else on the Web...so no snarky troll-comments about "redundant", "reinventing the wheel" or any other such noise...'kay?

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 9:17am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sold on it, but we need 3 things:

1. Solid commitment to keep it from being a ghost forum (I hate those with a passion). This involves members actively recruiting people they know on and offline to post there.

2. A crystal clear and simple set of access requirements.

3. An OPSEC for Dummies guide.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast