Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2009 11:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna View Post
    I really look forward to your expansion of this. Either you have put yourself out there like an idiot to be smacked down, or you truly DO have teh r34l situational knowledge, in which case those of us ignorant rather than stupid and/or easily fooled will become less so by your fount of impeccable mental might.

Either way, it's enlightenment or entertainment for me. So by all means explain what's really going on, or - since you probably want to remain safely anonymous and not direct me to your domicile - bend over and insert a cabbage into your anus for me.

Well what he is saying is true, although he said it in a profoundly stupid and condescending way.

Media news coverage is really just another form of entertainment as you said. As a result, it's a pretty bad way to stay informed. Better options are looking at primary sources when possible, and more than often, checking out reputable secondary sources. Compare multiple sources and formulate your own opinion.

That said, it is not reasonable to do this sort of cross-referencing with everything you are interested in. So if you develop a well-tuned bullshit detector, you will only need to "research" more controversial topics.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 1:23am

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps to put in a clearer manner, it does nothing to come onto a forum and declare that everyone is misinformed only to fail to follow up with some sort of information. If you feel we're uninformed then inform us. I'm certainly not saying I'm the most informed, that's why I used the term ignorant for myself - I just don't know. But to say you know more simply to sneer at people is a big ol' "**** you" that I was happy to send right back.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 1:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by abyss View Post
    Wish people were not so ignorant about the truth of situations.. however the masses are generally stupid and easily fooled by our amazing neutral news coverage...
    i'm right with you man, all these guys here are FAGGOTS who don't know NOTHIN'.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 9:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 9:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    "Save me Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft to put the fire (in Somalia's waters) out!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2009 2:45pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muerteds View Post
    While my comments were broad, they didn't contain inaccuracies, as far as I know. I.E. I made no comments regarding Somali port authority corruption. They don't have port authorities in pirate areas aside from local officials who can strongarm the other locals into listening to them. The pirates themselves often call themselves Somali coastguardsmen. Of course, we can put kittens in the oven, but that doesn't make them biscuits. As for pirate ships and tactics, I'd like to know where I'm inaccurate.

From post #51
    Solid questions, let's see what I can answer....

1) No one is really worried about guys running to the rails and shooting their AK's in a "Woo-hoo!" fashion. They are worried about what kind of stuff they could steal while armed in a limited access facility like a port. They are also worried about the presence of weaponry in proximity to sensitive cargo, like explosives, fuel, etc. So far, no one has accused any legitimate port authorities of collusion with pirates- it hurts their business. Pirates operate out of areas where there are no harbormasters.

If you mix the kittens in with water, flour, butter, eggs and some milk, it may indeed make biscuits.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 10:51am

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for the lateness of my response, I've been PCSing to Mississippi. Plus one point for knowing what NOAA even is :). Minus two points for assuming I am not prior service (Army), and for mistaking technical expertise for tactical advice (several people in the discussion obviously lacked an understanding of how radar works). Now, if you can link me to the Official NOAA Corps song, I'll give you plus 3 internets.
    You offered technical expertise when you described the activity and nature of purse seiners and fishing vessels, both innaccurate.

As for the RADAR "expertise", I'm sure you are aware of the variety of detection options in addition to RADAR that exist for even pleasure boats (FLIR is now about 2000.00). Speaking of detection you must be on either the R2 or the GU? There are a variety of intel sources out there!

I don't want to bash Army service, but they are not generally operating in the maritime environment.

As for the NOAA song.... I have no clue. The is only one hymn that has ever crossed my lips, Semper Fi!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678