Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/13/2009 8:55pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9 View Post
    I was reading about a Somali "response" to the rescue. It seems that a few of them decided to shoot mortar rounds at a congressman's plane. Yeah...shoot mortar rounds... at a plane.

...brilliant...

I honestly hope **** gets totally out of hand there. I really hope they pull me out of Iraq for my last couple of months and send me there without our hands tied. Just lay waste to that whole fucking shithole. Forget about a humanitarian mission, a rebuilding process, and building democracy. What they need are a heaping helping of tanks, bombs, and death.
    Our response is probably going to make them feel obligated to take another American ship.

I can think of more than a few people I work with that wouldn't mind rooting out Somali Pirates. Myself included.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/13/2009 9:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to know how the shooters managed to hit three guys all at once in what looked like an enclosed life boat. How did they see the guys?

I fully support the shooting and drowning of pirates in the high seas, but I gotta say I'm not too thrilled with the pussyness of shipping companies. There is no shortage of weapons and people who know to use those weapons in that part of the world. They would be better served to start employing armed security guards on the boats in that part of the world. Piracy would dissappear once they start dying by the dozens and those companies wouldn't be freeloading off the navies of the world to come save them when **** goes wrong.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    4/13/2009 9:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Elipson
    I'm not sure about the international laws but the thing is you can only do something if they are trying to enter your ship. And then they are usually armed with bazookas and **** threatening to sink the ship. Those kind of things complicate the issue.
    But nice on killing some retards...
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Posted On:
    4/13/2009 9:51pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    I want to know how the shooters managed to hit three guys all at once in what looked like an enclosed life boat. How did they see the guys?

I fully support the shooting and drowning of pirates in the high seas, but I gotta say I'm not too thrilled with the pussyness of shipping companies. There is no shortage of weapons and people who know to use those weapons in that part of the world. They would be better served to start employing armed security guards on the boats in that part of the world. Piracy would dissappear once they start dying by the dozens and those companies wouldn't be freeloading off the navies of the world to come save them when **** goes wrong.
    The problem with armed ships resides in gun control laws in port of calls. So the shipping companies effectively lose their right to protect themselves. If governments are going to ban weapons then they should fully take on the responsibility to protect shipping.

Also, people around the world have very different opinions on gun control. An international carry permit law would be almost impossible to get past into international law.

Posted On:
    4/13/2009 10:29pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    The problem with armed ships resides in gun control laws in port of calls. So the shipping companies effectively lose their right to protect themselves. If governments are going to ban weapons then they should fully take on the responsibility to protect shipping.

Also, people around the world have very different opinions on gun control. An international carry permit law would be almost impossible to get past into international law.
    Bingo. And truthfully, Americans would only support this for about five minutes, which is approximately how long it would take for Saudi Oil Tankers to start rolling into our ports with warship grade weapons manned by people with piss poor training and next to zero knowledge of weapon safety.

The best solution is two part: Convincing cheap shipping corporations to start shelling out the money for decent security contractors, and nipping piracy in the bud now, before other poor nations with ineffectual governments located near busy international shipping lanes start getting big ideas.

Convoys used to exist for a reason.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    4/13/2009 10:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So we are back to ships with canons and all? I rather have a Apache helicopter or equal on my ship, that thing would sink those speed boats in no time.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2009 10:36pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either in the same article or another, they mentioned that 2 of the pirates exposed themselves a bit and another one was seen through the window. The SEALS had night vision goggles equipped and saw one of them with an AK-47, so they were given the ok.

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 2:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pirates are awesome, but navy SEALs who can shoot 3 guys moving around on a boat. At night, are more awesome.

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 2:26pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just hope it escalates to where there is a Somali Pirate Captian guy. And he has a eye patch, a peg leg AND a hook hand.. Because THAT my friends.. would be fucking BAD ASS.
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And so it escalates.
    http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D97IDRTG0.html
    I spent 5 years in the US Navy and let me tell you, there's a bunch of sailors out there who would just LOVE the chance to do anti-pirate operations rather than the usual rounds of war games and gunboat diplomacy. Somehow, I don't see this ending well for the pirates.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast