Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2004 2:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so what do I do? cut out one training session a week? will I gain weight b/c Im not traning as much? and how do I break this plateau?, cutting back would only seem to make it worse!

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/14/2004 2:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly are your goals dude?
    And, basic stuff here, if you are already working out 6 times a week, HOW much more do you want to workout ???
    And if you are NOT seeing the results you want with ALL that workout, try working out less, but BETTER.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2004 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my goals are to tone, tighten and build muscles and lose weight. I also ultimately want to be in good enough shape to fight a 3 round kickboxing match in the near future. I train alot b/c Im a martial arts addict. not all the things I do are physically demanding. In my Goju class I usually dont even break a sweat, thats more about learning. only 4 out of the 7 classes I do can really qualify as hard core excercise.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/14/2004 2:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep it simple:
    Do MA on Monday, tuesday and wendsday, day off and then do weights on Friday.
    That gives you a rest before weight training and 2 whole days off before resuming MA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 1:21am

Style: bei shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to go with the flow here and agree with ronin, you might be over training. Plateaus suck and I ran into one a year ago. I use train 6 days out of the week, 3 days were four hour sessions and the other 3 were 2 hours. I was in great shape and I probably had the best cardio I ever had but I wasn't seeing any improvement in strength or speed later on. So some issuses came into my life where I didn't do anything for a whole year. When I made my comeback a few weeks into training I noticed I got stronger and faster. I've come to believe that my body just needed a rest and some time to repair but, I just wouldn't do for as long as I did hehe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2004 11:13pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to make up your mind. You should either be trying to bulk up, which will involve putting on some fat as well as muscle or trying to slim down and lose fat but not muscle. With the amount you train, it seems that diet is going to be key either way you go.

Have you ever thought about keeping a food log to kep track of what you're eating? It will be a huge asset when you decide what you want to do with bulking or slimming down.

What does your diet look like anyway?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do athletes train often and their bodies adapt?

To expand on what Ronin correctly said...

Also consider the following.

Is Athlete X apparently fit and strong BECAUSE of what he does or in SPITE OF it?

I imagine there are many an athlete who's doing nothing more than TOLERATING the insane regiment set forth by themselves or some other ignorant jackass....not progressively developing and benefitting therefrom.

Last edited by Nid; 1/16/2004 9:53am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 3:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My diet has always been an issue b/c I love to eat!! A typical day is a bowl of cereal, lunch is like pizza or a turkey sandwich and dinner is a normal meal home cooked meal with a main, side dishes and salad. I eat dinner early between 4 and 5 before I train. At night I have a snack like a bowl of cereal or cottage cheese. friday night and saturday are my free day when I eat whatever I want (I'v read this helps boost your metabolism). If I had the choice Id want to slim down rather than bulk up but Im not very good at watching what I eat. Would you guys suggest a supplement like trimspa or appetite suppressants?

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 3:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best appetite suppressant is beer, have one before your meal, you will eat less and the pounds will fade away,plus you get the all too cool "beer gut" :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2004 3:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is that a joke?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast