Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 10:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Question on HGH and Testosterone stack

I have been recovering from shoulder surgery and trying to get back into Jits. The surgery was just to remove a bone spur, but we found out after the surgery that I also had a partial rotator cuff tear. I found out the hard way - during PT weight training.

Since then I have only been able to train very light. Naturally both strength and cardio is suffering. The excercise bike and running is boring the hell out of me.

My instructor suggested a one month course of HGH and Testosterone to help recovery. There is a doctor near my gym that would prescribe it. I think it's one shot a week of each. Has anyone ever done this and what effects / side effects should I expect? It's not cheap either - I think it's $600 total.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 12:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihonto View Post
    My instructor suggested a one month course of HGH and Testosterone to help recovery. There is a doctor near my gym that would prescribe it. I think it's one shot a week of each. Has anyone ever done this and what effects / side effects should I expect? It's not cheap either - I think it's $600 total.
    Does that figure include PCT*?

(* Where "post-cycle therapy" may actually be before, during or after steroids)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 3:18pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    Does that figure include PCT*?

(* Where "post-cycle therapy" may actually be before, during or after steroids)
    I don't think so. I think that was just the cost for the weekly injections over 4 weeks. What does PCT for a cycle like this usually entail?

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/12/2009 10:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is what I've read on the subject on the Internet (see this), so take this with a heaping mound of salt.

It sounds like the main angles of attack are to shut down the testosterone-estrogen shunt (aromatase inhibitors), block certain estrogen receptors (selective estrogen receptor modulators), and to prevent/reverse the downregulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis.

The purpose of the preceding paragraph isn't so much to serve as a shopping list for you as a test - if the doctor you're getting your prescription from isn't familiar with the above, you might want to talk to another doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.