Administrator

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 10:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis518 View Post
    Started in 1997, left in 2000. Since then I successfully completed the Marine Corps Martial Arts program. Trained in boxing, wrestling, and grappling. And I still spar and grapple 3 times a week.

-No kid, you let me know.

-No, you argued about government conspiracy. I don't make such accusations. I haven't. And I'm tired of having to posts these responses. I have to go to the gym, unlike someone here.

-I am arguing for Hwa Rang Do, I studied Hwa Rang Do, and therefore my position is an informed one, well more informed by the casual web surfer. Hey kid, take this thread, post it on the wall of wherever it is you don't actually study martial arts, then cuddle with your boyfriend and cry because the mean man from Hwa Rang Do made you look bad on that silly Bullshido website.

You know what. I take it back. The more I do this back and forth thing with you, the more I sink to your silly pathetic level. The only way I make Hwa Rang Do look bad is by participating in this silly discussion. That's the problem with these forums. Nobody can finish what they start. This website obviously wasn't for adults to post serious comments. It was targeted at adolescents who might be stupid enough to click on the advertisement links and actually buy **** from these stupid suppliers.

Have a good life kid. Don't respond, this conversation is over.
    The website you are posting on created the term MCDOJO. The original name, before a lawsuit, was MCDOJO.COM.
    That bullshit about wiki uhmm, Bullshido.com maintains the wiki page so, oops.

Go ahead backtrack now.

If you read the thread you see I was talking about HRD in the early 90's. Yes, before you joined. You quit at the same rank I did which was purple belt.

Yep, I was in before Tae So Do was created, It did not exist in the early to mid 19990's.

So go ahead back track some more.

Like I said argue from an informed position. You know teenagers and babies can't argue logically and resort to gay jokes.

Baby Boy,

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 1:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hwa Rang Do & Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The website you are posting on created the term MCDOJO. The original name, before a lawsuit, was MCDOJO.COM.
    That bullshit about wiki uhmm, Bullshido.com maintains the wiki page so, oops.

Go ahead backtrack now.

If you read the thread you see I was talking about HRD in the early 90's. Yes, before you joined. You quit at the same rank I did which was purple belt.

Yep, I was in before Tae So Do was created, It did not exist in the early to mid 19990's.

So go ahead back track some more.

Like I said argue from an informed position. You know teenagers and babies can't argue logically and resort to gay jokes.

Baby Boy,
    -You're right about one thing, kid. The gay joke was too far. I have some gay friends coming over later today in fact, and they would be pretty steamed to know I said it. So I do appologize for that.
    -However, you should know that the only fraud here is this website. They actually blatantly make fun of the people who participate here. The use an "AdClick" program to make money. Meaning that every time someone goes to one of their webpages, the advertisers on that page pay them a very small amount of money.
    -This site made up the words McDojo and McDojang to gain support from a particular market segment of young martial arts enthusiasts and MMA fans. They made the wiki pages to support their own agendas. Don't buy into this stuff kid. The only frauds here are the people who made Bullshido.com. This website made up an agenda "to create 'awareness' (give me a break) about martial arts studios/gyms/dojos/etc. that use a particular business model."
    -Don't worry, you fell for it, and so did I.
    -When it boils down to it, no one person can say that an organization values profits over technique without knowing the true intentions of the organizers. But the people at Bullshido.com have made it very clear this is exactly what they are doing, then going out and accusing real martial arts programs of doing the same.
    -I won't be drawn into any more arguments. I do feel that you should know this so that you don't hold this fraudulent company as a source of authority. Arguing from behalf of this website creates the common informal fallacy known as "arumentum ad vericundium" which is Latin for "argument from false authority." This is real logic. Logic, is merely a discipline of reason. Everyone can reason, you are right about that. But reasoning effectively is the case for logic.
    -The most powerful weapon is the mind kid. You have it in you to grow in all areas. You are young, and you obviously have spirit. Just don't let yourself go down the wrong path. Train the mind, and the body will follow. I learned that from HRD, and it never did me wrong.
    -BTW, you should really read what these guys say about the people who participate in this website.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/17/2010 2:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis518 View Post
    -However, you should know that the only fraud here is this website. They actually blatantly make fun of the people who participate here. The use an "AdClick" program to make money. Meaning that every time someone goes to one of their webpages, the advertisers on that page pay them a very small amount of money.
    This is relevant to Hwarang-do how?
    Oh that's alright, children do tend to go off on tangents when proven wrong.

So, here we go the non-degreed IB student is going to build a huge strawman.

-This site made up the words McDojo and McDojang to gain support from a particular market segment of young martial arts enthusiasts and MMA fans. They made the wiki pages to support their own agendas. Don't buy into this stuff kid. The only frauds here are the people who made Bullshido.com. This website made up an agenda "to create 'awareness' (give me a break) about martial arts studios/gyms/dojos/etc. that use a particular business model."
    Yes, the guy that started this site is older than you. Most of the co-founders are your age or older. So, you failed miserably. Do I need to continue? Deraus who knows Korean, as well as Migurk are older than you. I am older than you so, little boy, when you stop building these strawmen let me know.

-When it boils down to it, no one person can say that an organization values profits over technique without knowing the true intentions of the organizers.
    Yes, we can. It is called an opinion. There are entire organization built on this principle like the Better business Bureau and Consumer reports.

Are you really a college student because, your logic based arguments are falling into Rhetorical persuasion and are failing miserably.

But the people at Bullshido.com have made it very clear this is exactly what they are doing, then going out and accusing real martial arts programs of doing the same.
    Yet, we have proof and documents to prove these "real Martial Arts programs as frauds" as frauds.

Can you back up any of your assertions besides, people hate bullshido?

You have unnamed websites as proof that bullshido.com is terrible.
    Proof or hot air?
    When you grow up let me now which one holds up better.

-I won't be drawn into any more arguments. I do feel that you should know this so that you don't hold this fraudulent company as a source of authority. Arguing from behalf of this website creates the common informal fallacy known as "arumentum ad vericundium" which is Latin for "argument from false authority." This is real logic. Logic, is merely a discipline of reason. Everyone can reason, you are right about that. But reasoning effectively is the case for logic.
    Yet, you keep coming back. Quit saying it and defend your point or leave. The site will continue whether you post or not.

That only "latin" *snicker* applies if, you don't know the history behind the website. As staff, I can and should argue on behalf of the website. So, yeah, try again.

-The most powerful weapon is the mind kid.
    Well would you please use it instead of acting like an 8 year old who, doesn't understand or properly use the words he is throwing around?

You have it in you to grow in all areas. You are young, and you obviously have spirit. Just don't let yourself go down the wrong path. Train the mind, and the body will follow. I learned that from HRD, and it never did me wrong.
    You have it in you to graduate so, you can start throwing around your diploma instead of I am almost finished.

When you learn to stop talking out of your ass like you are some grand almight aged wonder let me know.

-BTW, you should really read what these guys say about the people who participate in this website.
    Why? I've been here five years, studied HRD while you were learning how to pee standing up, and half those crybabies come here when they need an investigation done.

I Know the reputation of bullshido, on other websites, just like you know the reputation of McDojo HRD.

So, really don't be a hypocrite okay?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/19/2010 7:39am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering the blatant false representation of Korean history supported by Hwa Rang Do, I don't think you are in a place to make any sort of claims, Genesis.

Korean historians have contradicted the fabricated history claimed by Lee Jubang & his organization, and Korean Buddhist monks have contradicted the existence of his teacher.

An organization that espouses honor but is built on a foundation of lies is unworthy of any respect.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 6:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ / JJJ / Boxing / RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had what sounds like the "typical" Hwarang do experience...

I used to live about 5 blocks from their "World Headquarters" in West Los Angeles. Grew up in the area. I dropped in to watch once. It was GM Cho's school like 10 years ago. Cho's sign is still up, just the "Cho" part is covered over.

I barely saw anything though, because before I knew it I was whisked in a very small room and watching an absurdly flashy demo team reel. The woman asked me "How would you like to be able to do that?!"

I'm thinking, Jesus, how did I get in here so quick?

But I am fascinated by McDojos so I asked her a few questions. She told me she had been training less than 2 years and was about to get her Black Belt in, yes, "Tae Soo Do" which, as mentioned, she said was the "undergraduate curriculum" while "Hwa Rang Do" was the "Graduate Curriculum". After you get your BB in Tae Soo Do, THEN you can start studying Hwa Rang Do.

Overall, it was very much like being on a used car lot; it was all about the sale.

Before I left I was able to watch some of the class. It was your typical low-level Hapkidoesque mc Dojo fare. I did Hapkido with Bong Soo Han as a kid (same area) and it looked a lot like that, just flashier. More like Kuk Sool Won, as mentioned.

The school has some videos on youtube.

I recall they incorporated basic BJJ into their curriculum, but never call it BJJ --It's Hwa Rang Grappling or something similarly silly.

The school is definitely aimed at people who have more money than common sense.
    Last edited by PCH; 4/29/2010 6:53am at .
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425