221997 Bullies, 4251 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 31
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,460

    Posted On:
    5/27/2012 8:50am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, so I don't just rant, I just lost 18 pounds (mainly) with the Dolce diet since January.

    The presentation of it is incredibly Jersey Shore/Guido/tough guy bullshit, but it worked for me.

    I can't recommend a link, though, since they vary so much in quality, but there was a youtube channel that was essentially Dolce giving a cooking class, and that was really, really good.

    (Note though that I was never overweight, and very intentionally changed my diet when I had to cut back on training temporarily.)
  2. TheRuss is offline
    TheRuss's Avatar

    is badder than you

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334

    Posted On:
    5/27/2012 10:46pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    Low fat, High Carb Vegan Diet. I lost 15 lbs not trying am at 190 with 8% bf. Still benching over 315, and rest of my development is exactly the same except I lost fat and water weight. And as I suspected the over consumption of protein is simply hype. I've been in the conditioning game as a career for a long time and fell for all the gimmicks and hype with diet. And no I'm not some animal loving hippie. I still hunt and still eat an occasional burger, but am convinced that fruit and starch fuel the body like nobody's business.
    What method did you have your body fat measured with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
  3. CaseyRyback is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    118

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 9:22am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    What method did you have your body fat measured with?
    I have a friend do a 5 point skin fold caliper. Honestly I'm not crazy doing it all the time but I did it recently after noticing how much more definition I had gotten and also as a baseline to watch myself if case I was losing muscle mass. I'm not worried about it now and am convinced personally that I won't be going to back to my old high protein ways. It is amazing how pissed my friends have gotten accusing me of taking protein on the side or that just tell me your going to get sick. Everything has only excelled and not only in the area of exercise... And I want to help people, I kind of laugh at my friends and colleagues as they scramble to get their protein in and I'm chillin eating a whole pineapple. What really matters is training. Lift heavy weights for muscle, don't if you want to focus more on endurance sports. Simple
  4. TheRuss is offline
    TheRuss's Avatar

    is badder than you

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334

    Posted On:
    5/28/2012 10:57pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    I have a friend do a 5 point skin fold caliper. Honestly I'm not crazy doing it all the time but I did it recently after noticing how much more definition I had gotten and also as a baseline to watch myself if case I was losing muscle mass. I'm not worried about it now and am convinced personally that I won't be going to back to my old high protein ways. It is amazing how pissed my friends have gotten accusing me of taking protein on the side or that just tell me your going to get sick. Everything has only excelled and not only in the area of exercise... And I want to help people, I kind of laugh at my friends and colleagues as they scramble to get their protein in and I'm chillin eating a whole pineapple. What really matters is training. Lift heavy weights for muscle, don't if you want to focus more on endurance sports. Simple
    The advice you're giving is unlikely to lead to the results that the people you're giving it to want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
  5. CaseyRyback is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    118

    Posted On:
    5/29/2012 5:58pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    The advice you're giving is unlikely to lead to the results that the people you're giving it to want.
    This post started with a dude wanting to lost weight (far be it why he wants to get to 120) so I chimed on what I did. Not really sure what you're talking about.
  6. jessica12 is offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2

    Posted On:
    5/31/2012 2:00am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must try black tea in the morning. It helps loosing weight in a short span of time. Along wit this, continue with jogging, do not have fast food in a large quantity.
  7. NeilG is online now
    NeilG's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,267

    Posted On:
    5/31/2012 10:24am


     Style: Kendo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    The advice you're giving is unlikely to lead to the results that the people you're giving it to want.
    Specifics of diet aside, most people fail IMNSHO because they just don't know how much they're eating and how much they are burning. There are lots of tools to help. I like myfitnesspal, they have a handy iPhone app (probably Android too), you can look up foods in their database, even scan bar codes. Once you have a handle on how many calories you are eating and how many you are burning you can set a deficit for a reasonable weight loss goal. 1 to 2 lbs a week is about the limit for most people, double digit losses are not feasible unless you are humungous or shedding water.

    As far as protein goes, you need it if you want to maintain muscle as you lose. You can get it from a vegan diet, it's just harder.
  8. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,006

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 10:49am

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant123 View Post
    Some suggestion which you should follow to lose your extra weight are that you should do some of the cardio exercises along with weight workouts such as jogging, swimming, running, and cycling at morning time for at least 30 minutes.
    In diet you should take more raw fruits and vegetables and veggies, also take vegetables soups, green tea and citrus fruits and vegetables juices for the fat loss.
    Did you even read the thread or are you just bumping all of the PT threads for shits and grins?
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  9. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,871

    Posted On:
    11/29/2012 1:23pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant123 View Post
    Some suggestion which you should follow to lose your extra weight are that you should do some of the cardio exercises along with weight workouts such as jogging, swimming, running, and cycling at morning time for at least 30 minutes.
    In diet you should take more raw fruits and vegetables and veggies, also take vegetables soups, green tea and citrus fruits and vegetables juices for the fat loss.
    Go post an intro in Newbietown and stop bumping multiple threads until you've read the rules of the forum and acclimated or all your posts will be swept into the abyss, no matter how helpful you think you are being.

    This is a heavily moderated forum.
  10. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,871

    Posted On:
    12/01/2012 12:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant123 View Post
    Any comment?
    Yes, you have sinned against us and you deserve what comes next.
    Last edited by jnp; 12/26/2012 8:35am at . Reason: Removed spam link
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.