Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Flyweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2012 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    iLoveRugby posted twice 3 years ago and never came back.

Fin, if you're wanting to lose fat then the trick is in the diet. Start tracking your calories/day to get a baseline, then reduce it by 500. Don't expect big strength gains while doing this.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2012 12:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post

Fin, if you're wanting to lose fat then the trick is in the diet. Start tracking your calories/day to get a baseline, then reduce it by 500. Don't expect big strength gains while doing this.
    Good idea. I've recently started using myfitnesspal app on my android phone to track my calories. I'm losing weight, slowly, but I know what I'm putting in and tracking calories burned too. There are online sites to do this also. Myfitnesspal.com and livestrong has one too. Many others.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2012 2:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slowly is the way to do it; something like 2lbs a week is a good goal. Those who lose a ton of weight very fast tend have a lot of trouble not regaining it over time.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Posted On:
    3/19/2012 9:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kick boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yes of course, I'm aware that strength gains are not the priority here and will definitely fall behind. I'm also aware of the much needed calorie deficit. It's just that I thought that this way of training would produce the necessary calorie deficit for weight loss. Seems I was wrong, huh... And I'm not looking to lose a ton of weight in a short period of time, that's unhealthy. I was merely hoping to look better for summer. That's why I posted all this info about bodyfat etc to see if I can lose enough weight till the summer. Anyway thanks for your advice everyone. Calorie-tracking it is then.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2012 2:26pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2 months ago, I started replacing two of my three meals per day with Isagenix Isa-Lean shakes. Yes, these products are network marketed, and yes, I am a rep (though it's certainly not my main gig). The reason I decided to be a rep is because without changing my workout habits, I've lost 20 lbs (net), but probably more like 28 because I've easily put on 8 lbs of new muscle, and that may be conservative.

There's nothing magical here. These things are simply very healthy meals and it's easy as anything to follow, unless you have zero willpower. My energy level while training has doubled, my cardio has improved, I can actually do pull-ups now (always been my weak suit), and I save money because these things are cheaper than what I was spending on the meals they replaced.

I don't have a business account here, so I'll not barrage this thread with details and marketing stuff. If anyone is interested, they can PM me.

Posted On:
    5/02/2012 1:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From this little information im not in a position to give you any better advice. But i will try to help you to come out from this problem. First all you need to take a bird eye view on daily routine activities. Read diet plan and try to found that is there any important point missing. Also view work out that exercise activities are matching with weight goal and body structure. Keep avoid all the harmful and bad habits that have negative impact on work out routine.

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 3:12am

Style: cdsfdgdfhgfj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello guys,..
    I know about your problem that you want too get positively result quickly.I read out all the posts
    and all the posts very informative about the losing weight.But according to me green tea and morning
    walk is the best and natural way for loosing weight.Then you can get 100% result soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 3:19am

Style: Grappling/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4 years ago I weighed about 230 with a 40 inch waist. I decided this was not healthy so I made drastic changes. Over the years I got my weight down to an average of 187. Bodyfat wise I was still not happy. So i researched and came upod Tmag.com. THis was about 2 months ago. THey recommended to add the carbs back in with veggies, rice, potatoes, eat lots of meat (chicken fish steak) and as much fruit as you want but leave out dairy, including yogurt and bread in any form as well as PB and pastas. THis was a shock to my current knowledge of diet but I tried it. Low and behold I dropped weight and BF fast. My current weight is about 171 and I am losing 1/2 a pound to a pound a week. I still have a cheat day once a week and I don't hold back. My abs are coming in (a shadow of a 4 pack) Im never hungry, don't have bad cravings, and all the meals im eating feel like cheat meals (compared to what I was eating before). I will keep at it till I have a 6 pack and then add in a few things to maintain. I dont starve myself, fast, or go hungry. It just works.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 7:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Low fat, High Carb Vegan Diet. I lost 15 lbs not trying am at 190 with 8% bf. Still benching over 315, and rest of my development is exactly the same except I lost fat and water weight. And as I suspected the over consumption of protein is simply hype. I've been in the conditioning game as a career for a long time and fell for all the gimmicks and hype with diet. And no I'm not some animal loving hippie. I still hunt and still eat an occasional burger, but am convinced that fruit and starch fuel the body like nobody's business.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 8:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I really don't get about people who are looking to lose weight is that most really just "train" and "diet" without any plan or concept.

First, educate yourself:
    Spend an evening watching everything you can find on youtube.
    Buy a book on nutrition, or two. "Men's Health", preferrably NOT.
    And if your weight loss goals are more than cosmetic corrections,
    consult a doctor.

THEN, start something.

For most people, it's really just starting to eat like a goddamn human being. Not wanting to rant, but I hung out this weekend with a guy who bitches endlessly about being too fat, and then thinks dinner means a gallon of Pepsi and two giga-sized packs of Doritos. Sorry, guys, but if you do that, you're technically pigs. That's not slow metabolism, that's about being the ruling class from George Orwell's Animal Farm.

And don't bitch about money or time issues. At least around here, stunning FOUR kilos of broccoli cost as much as ONE pack of chips.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast