Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 1:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I am not getting weight loss

hey guys,

I am 37. I have 148 pounds weight. I have been going to gym for 2 months. but, I am not getting reduction in my weight, as I want it remain 120 pounds. I am doing fasting too. But, there is no benefit of it.

Can anyone suggest me what to do except going to gym and fast ?

thanks.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make a detailed list of the exercises you are doing, broken down by day of the week, number of reps, and number of sets per exercise.

Also, make a detailed list of the type of foods you eat, down to the last cup of coffee, preferably with an hour attached to each meal.

Also, put your gender and height. You need all four variables (age, gender, height and weight) to fully understand your make-up.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 4:15pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would you want to be 120 pounds, are you 3 foot high? Are you cutting for an upcoming fight or is this aesthetic?

If this is aesthetic then you may still be dissapointed even when you drop all that weight, if you don't have reasonable muscle development a drop in bodyfat may not yeild the bradpittinfightclub physique I suspect you are aiming for.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 4:23pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    148lbs is an excellent weight to be at unless you are incredibly short, and even then it's probably not an unhealthy or aesthetically displeasing weight.
    I would recommend NOT weighing 120lbs unless you are seriously 5' tall or shorter. Exercise for ability, not for aesthetics. And stop fasting. It's doing more harm than good. Eat 1800-2200 calories/day spread over 6 meals. Eat healthy foods, get a moderate amount of exercise, and enjoy being a healthy person. You don't need to weigh 120 lbs.

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 5:23pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anyone find the humor in a person with the name ILoveRugby wanting to weigh 120 pounds?!
    Website Administrator Tom Kagan just loves email, instant messages, private messages, text messages, tweets, status updates, and every kind of personal contact. You can reah him at his personal email account at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN] or even on his cell phone number at [EDITED BY TOM KAGAN].

poser

Posted On:
    4/09/2009 10:34am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 5'5" and scrawny as hell, and I weigh 135. Like everyone else said, you'd better have a damn good reason to weigh 120.

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 6:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kick boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, since I'm facing a similar problem I guess it's ok to just... jump in...(I do hope it's ok).
    First of all, let me state that my goal is (what a surprise!) fat-loss and muscle increase.
    I'm 22 years old, 6'06" tall and weight about 220pounds. I guess my current bodyfat level is about 22%. (I've only used some online calculators so I am not certain about the precision of the results)

Short-term goals (that means, until mid-July) are making the fucking moobs and belly disappear. Or at least, reduced.:okay:

Long-term goals are to become like the mannequin that's wearing the rupture long-sleeve on the left side of your screen.

So, it's been a month since I've started kickboxing (after a six-month pause) and a bit of BJJ.
    My training includes weight-lifting as well. Here is a typical week of mine:

Monday
    1hr kickboxing, 20 minutes after class is over, weight lifting.
    Monday is chest and biceps day. 3 exercises for chest 4x8 and 2 exercises for biceps 4x8.

Tuesday
    1hr of BJJ and then 1hr of kickboxing conditioning in form of circular training. Exercises, include, but are not limited to, various forms of push-ups and crunches, skipping rope, kettlebell exercises, shadow-boxing etc

Wednesday
    Break. Stay at home and relax.

Thursday
    1hr of BJJ. I skip the kickboxing conditioning to do some weight lifting
    Thursday is Legs and shoulders day. 3 exercises for legs 4x8 and 2 exercises for shoulders 4x8

Friday
    1hr of kickboxing, 20 mins after class is over, weightlifting.
    Friday is Back and Triceps day. Same format, 3 exercises for back 4x8 and 2 for triceps 4x8.

I also do crunches and hyperextensions everyday.

Saturdays and Sundays I go for a light jog at my own pace. Nothing extreme.

Nutrition goes something like this: 5 meals a day, 3 major ones and two small snacks. I avoid the obvious bad stuff, such as junk food, refined starches, soda etc... After each workout, I make sure I eat something with protein in it, usually some tuna or salmon, a cup of low-fat greek yogurt or chicken/turkey etc

So my problem is that I haven't shed a single pound of fat. I've added muscle-mass that's for sure. My lifts have increased and I can feel my muscles getting a little bit bigger. My stamina has also improved. I couldn't even make the warm-out at first but now everything's going ok. But the damn fat is still there which makes me frustrated. Of course I didn't expect miracles to happen in just one month but this is disappointing to say the least. If anyone would be so kind as to give me some advice I would be most grateful.

Sorry for the long post. :SadTroll:

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    120? Seriously? I've got a 16 year old that weighs more than that, and he's a stick. A grown man should not weigh under 130 unless he's a) in a weight-class sport, or b) from Thailand.

My advice: I cut from 226 to 180 by making Greek Yogurt and Tuna my staple foods, running, and following a reasonable lifting program.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    3/19/2012 9:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kick boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, in your opinion, my short-term goals are attainable?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2012 9:29am

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fin you're cluttering up the unlikely thread of iLoveRugby and its unhealthy desire to weight 120 pounds (unless you and iLoveRugby are one and the same)
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast