Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 9:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Where in adelaide/south australia can u learn mma

does anybody know where in adelaide/South australia i can learn mma and train at

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 10:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to BS, Timmy.

Dont be afraid to use the search function, mate, theres a few threads around about adelaide. Also go through your local gym and buiness directory and try google.

Read these threads:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...light=Adelaide
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...light=Adelaide

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 4:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Crazy Monkey

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been living in Adelaide for a couple of years now. As far as I'm aware there are no MMA specific gyms. However there are a few good places to train and get an "all around" game. This weekend there was a San Shou competition. If you can track down any of the gyms that had people compete in the San Shou comp they will be a good place to start.

You might want to try Street Defensive Tactics or Terra Firma. They are just 2 names I know of.

I train at ISO Health, which has BJJ and stand up/clinch and self defense and its great, but its not specifically an MMA gym.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 8:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by foolish_timmy
    does anybody know where in adelaide/South australia i can learn mma and train at
    There's a couple places around. I personally train at ISO Health; like BigFella said, it's an awesome place to train. There's Standup/Clinch classes (based on Rodney King's CM boxing system), Reality-Based Self-Defence (Based on Jim Wagner's system) and BJJ.

The instructor, Matt Jones, is a BJJ purple belt under Luke Beston and a qualified RBSD instructor.

Click the little red dojo button next to my style field for my review of the gym!

If not, there's also a Brazilian Top Team BJJ place nearby (Thebarton, I believe) and an MMA joint somewhere in the Northeast whose name I always forget.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFella
    This weekend there was a San Shou competition.
    Yeah, damn! I missed that!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFella
    I train at ISO Health, which has BJJ and stand up/clinch and self defense and its great, but its not specifically an MMA gym.
    You train at ISO? Holy crap! Me too! I'll swing you a PM.