Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2009 9:28pm

Style: Boxing/Sanda/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [url]

My NAGA matches.

Match 1: It picks up midway through. I'm going to replace the video as soon as I can. The other guy took me down, but I was able to sweep him/take him down from half guard.

YouTube - NAGA Match 1

Match 2: My bad posture in guard only foreshadows my doom...

YouTube - NAGA Match 2

Match 3: Semi Finals

YouTube - NAGA Match 3 (Semi Finals)

Match 4: I get pwnt.

YouTube - NAGA Match 4 (Final)

I was watching the guy who beat me throughout the tournament. I had a feeling he was going to do me in. My weakest place is in a good/aggressive guard player's closed guard. I feel alright in open guards, on my back, or in bad positions, but a good guard player is the bane of my existence. I have so much trouble keeping good posture in guard, and I have decided that it is now of utmost importance to fix that problem post-haste.

anyways, I'd like honest feedback and criticism -- along with any praise that is deemed appropriate.
    Last edited by strikistanian; 10/06/2009 9:41pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2009 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's an MMA smoker I did. The standup rules are like San Da and the ground rules were like sub grappling. There's no ground and pound.

The smoker wasn't run all that well and me and this guy were the only ones who were doing MMA. Everyone else was grappling, so they tried to use us to keep the audience hooked. Consequently, we fought each other twice. The first time I won by submission within 2 minutes, so this time I looked to keep the fight standing to practice my striking.

I have a ton of respect for this guy, as he just wouldn't quit. But on the other hand, I feel kinda bad, because of how one-sided this was. He wasn't originally supposed to be my opponent, but both of your opponents dropped out so we opted to fight each other despite a nearly 10 pound disparity in weight and a 2 fight disparity in experience. Still, he didn't give a **** and gave it his all nonetheless.

As usual, I'm after honest feedback and criticism.

YouTube - MMA/Pancrase Smoker 7/18/09

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 11:53am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wanted to elaborate on our conversation last night. I hope I didn't leave you with the impression that I think your power is lacking. I don't. I just finished watching the MMA smoker stuff, and its clear you have enough power to hurt the people you are competing against. What I was tryin to say is that for a fighter with your build, you should be cultivating superior power, both in your hands, and round kicks. You should be scaring people on the inside with the hook (and uppercut), and breaking them down with your round kick.

You're moving great, and your throwing is starting to become dangerous. The thing missing is not decent power, but serious power. There is no reason why you shouldn't be freaking people out the way Wassett does; You're fast enough, and your putting together the right combinations. I can't help but think there is a whole 'nother level of bad ass waiting for you when you decide to cultivate it.

You don't get noticed that much on this site, but you are clearly starting to stand out as one of the most active and successful fighters we have here. Its obvious that you love to fight, and I just wanted to put in my $0.02 to help you get where you're going.

Its just the opinion of an old dude who doesn't train as much as he should, but I have watched a million fights, and watched truly great people train. Sometimes I see things.

Cheers Kin,

-M
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 11:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Matt.

You're absolutely right; I would be a much better fighter if my strikes were more powerful. My coaches and I are constantly working at it. I hit much harder than I did a year ago since my technique has improved and after the smoker this saturday, i'm going to be adding some strength training, which may help as well. I really do hope that I acquire Wasset-esque power some day. Until then, my focus is just improving in incriments and getting better at setting up the strikes that do have power (side kick, left hook).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 11:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - Kin "Kong" Moy vs Brett Morris Muay Thai Smoker 10/3/09

That's the Muay Thai Smoker I did last night 10/3/09.

I felt like it was a very big improvement over my last one, and I'm pretty satisfied with how it went down. I also feel that, were this to be judged, I would have won for pushing the action and landing a bit more.

That said, it (of course) showed me that I still have plenty to work on. For instance, throwing some damn crosses, hesitating less, keeping my hands up, clinch work, longer/better combinations, etc. LOL one thing I've noticed is that I've fouled my opponent at least twice in all 3 kickboxing fights I've had. It's becoming an unfortunate trend...

Also, because I'm used to Sanda sparring there were a couple of times where I caught a leg and was about to go for a takedown, but stopped myself mid way. I half assed a lot of throw attempts because I wasn't sure if it would be legal or not.

Anyways honest feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated. :]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2010 9:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For any mods that might be interested, the sanda fight and the fight in the cage were official and went on my amateur record. The others were just smokers that dont count.

Until I manage to burn the DVD they gave me, there's a clip of my latest victory from 1:20-125.

YouTube- AFO MMA - Last Man Standing Trailer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2010 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by strikistanian; 10/01/2010 4:24pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2011 11:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lost my last fight. ;[

I do, however have video... but its on someoen elses facebook.

Edit: I also have my third fight in full now.

:)

Posted On:
    5/19/2011 12:37am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, you are a beast. Your last fight....beautiful body kick near the start there, Strike. Good exchanges. You got caught, but were slinging heat!!! I loved that. Great footwork, and lateral movement. What a fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 9:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6th fight.

7th fight: No footage yet, but I went against a really solid BJJ guy who also had high school wrestling background. He took me down and despite the fact that I swept him once, stood back up multiple times, etc he kept slamming me and punching me in the face. At the end of the round, I was on my feet and tied up against the cage, and I managed to distract him with a knee and land a foot sweep. I spent the last 15 seconds pounding him, but it wasnt enough to take back the round.

In the second, I landed a head kick before getting thrown back on the mat. From my guard I got a collar tie with one hand and unleashed hard hooks with the other. He postured to retaliate and I threw up a footprints-on-ceiling triangle, which I was able to lock up. I got an underhook and he fell on his side where I trapped his arm across and rained punches until the ref stopped it. When I unlocked the triangle he slid on to the mat, unconscious.

That'll have to do, until I get a vid -- if that promotion ever follows through with their promises to have the videos.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast