Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Caffeine withdrawl sucks.

I've been sucking back energy drinks so fast over the past month that I've built up a tolerance to the stuff, and now I have to drink tons just to have an effect, except that drinking that much makes me jittery and unable to concentrate.

Trying to reduce my consumption gives me a constant headache and leaves me exhuasted. All while I'm trying to finish the last two papers of my under-grad degree.

Green tea seems to be a good middle ground between cold turkey and high octane energy drinks, but I ran out this morning :cussing:

Once this semester is finished and ive graduated im going cold turkey, and replacing caffeine with high alocohol consumption for at least a month. They work the same..... right?

Advice for caffeine withdrawl? Anecdotes? Humorous stories?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 5:27pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love coffee, but eventually had to admit defeat, for as I got older it increasingly gave me headaches, made my stomach churn with acid, and make me jittery, weird, and feel constantly like I was coming up on acid (unfortunately, just the anxious, shaky, teeth-grinding part of coming up on acid, and none of the fun piss-yourself-laughing as you watch a cow eat a horse in your yard, though it's really just your cat sitting there looking bemused.)

Did I mention that it also made me piss every five minutes? Pathetic, dribbly pisses that made me wonder if I had a prostate problem. And it turned my teeth orange and made my breath honk.

In the end, it had to go. Took about a week of feeling **** and spaced out like I was watching the day unfold from behind a pane of glass. Cruel mistress though she is, I still love coffee in spite of it all, and every now and then get drunk enough to call her up for a quick one before bed.

PG Tips, however... I wreck that ****, man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 5:29pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wean yourself off. if I go cold turkey, I get headaches for a week.

I usually switch to half coffee/half hot water about 6 weeks before a competition and gradually increase the water proportion until I feel like it's safe to quit entirely. But then again I drink coffee and not Monster Mega Ultra Huge Can of Taurine with Tons of Real and Fake Sugar Extreme to the Max Bumblebee Insane-o Drink Juice Bull Horse Stallion Zebra Buzz Lightning Thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 5:48pm

Style: BJJ (ex DRAJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Caffeine withdrawl sucks, indeed. I had such horrible headaches I just tried to sleep all day. I began drinking coffee with half the amount of sugar, so it would be bitter, it helped a little. If you're already drinking it without sugar, then I dunno :)

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 5:50pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coffee, lots of it, no withdrawel, no withdrawels! Simple!

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 6:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sitting here with a 710ml can of monster beside me, the kind with the screw on lid.

I am hiding it behind the monitor because my natural tendency is to drink something if its there. Therefore, I bought a water to satisfy that compulsion.

I plan on sleeping lots and playing video games when im done this semester.

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 7:33pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Monster Energy Drink?!?!? Grow up and go brew some coffee!

And get off my lawn!!!

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 7:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to think I had nasty issues to do with caffeine, but it turns out it was actually the sugar that came along with my sources for a fix. Wal-mart sells bottles of caffeine pills for dirt cheap, and they work a treat. Your mileage may vary, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 7:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I might consider that. I was taking the Tactical Nutrition stuff for months and had no complaints with it. Its only when I ran out (wowza withdrawl too!) and couldnt afford more that I started chugging the big energy drinks. Maybe those 5 hour energy things are worth a go.

And coffee tastes like ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2009 7:54pm

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    I've been sucking back energy drinks so fast over the past month that I've built up a tolerance to the stuff, and now I have to drink tons just to have an effect, except that drinking that much makes me jittery and unable to concentrate.

Trying to reduce my consumption gives me a constant headache and leaves me exhuasted. All while I'm trying to finish the last two papers of my under-grad degree.

Green tea seems to be a good middle ground between cold turkey and high octane energy drinks, but I ran out this morning :cussing:

Once this semester is finished and ive graduated im going cold turkey, and replacing caffeine with high alocohol consumption for at least a month. They work the same..... right?

Advice for caffeine withdrawl? Anecdotes? Humorous stories?
    I think it's the sugar in it like Russ said, I reduced the sugar in my coffee from 2 to 1 sugar and my withdrawals are 2x better. When I do get a bad one, I drink a bucket load of water and the withdrawal time halves.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast