Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/09/2009 6:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Bingo. The UFC may have an owner/operator who swears like a drunken sailor being rolled in a Tiajuana bar on national TV, but the WWE's owner displays his bare buttocks, gropes scantily clad women, gets covered in feces, and worse...and the WWE still remains a profitable monopoly.
    One is *real* and the other is *prechoreographed*.
    They aren't the same.
    Other then, perhaps the demographics.

A lot of what comes out of the MMA community today reminds me of how the pro wrestling fanbase reacted when the "Realistic Era" of the NWA gave way to the completely over the top, larger than life, cartoon era of the 80s, with Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior, and the like.
    In what year where you born, again?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2009 6:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post

In what year where you born, again?
    Got me there, '85. In my defense, I've read books, and there are still people in the PW community bitching about the subject. If you prefer, I had a front row seat for wrestling's switch from "Family Friendly" to the Attitude Era, with the sex, swearing, and ultraviolence, which also brought in a whole new type of fan...who were loathed and despised by those of us who still believed that swearing, misogynism, and breaking the rules were what the bad guys did.

Posted On:
    4/09/2009 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    McMahon has flipped out as a shoot too, pre-empting his own show to complain about news coverage, telling Bob Costas repeatedly to shut up, etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2009 9:26pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    McMahon has flipped out as a shoot too, pre-empting his own show to complain about news coverage, telling Bob Costas repeatedly to shut up, etc.
    If this is true, it's a fair point.

But you can't compare what Vince McMahon did as part of a performance piece, to what Dana White did as himself.

That's like saying "Sure Dana white swore a lot, but the guy who played the comedian in the watchmen film raped a woman, why aren't we after him!!"
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678