4/04/2009 8:35pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Rupture Clothing: American Made MMA Gear and Apparel Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I signed - will you???

Mike Freeman is at it again:

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/11587445

Regardless of what you thought of DW's comments in his latest vlog, Dana's contribution to the sport of MMA is undeniable. And besides, I have a HUGE, HUGE problem with anyone who says MMA is garbage.

There's a petition to fire Mike Freeman. Though I doubt this will actually happen, a decent amount of signatures will help get the attention of CBS Sports. Link here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/43121212/petition.html

For those new to the issue, this isn't the first time Mike Freeman berated MMA. He has a huge problem with our sport, and it's time this guy gets taken down.

Cheers,

Nick

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 8:49pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I chose not to sign, due mainly to the fact that the issues raised by the O.P. and the issues raised by the online petition do not appear to correspond in any way. What gives?

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 8:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what to thinks about Dana.He did contribute a lot to the sport,but his behavior is just stupid.
    I don't know about his other article,link plz.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 9:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe the petition was raised before Mike Freeman published his latest piece on Dana White and MMA.

I retrieved the petition link from one of the responses regarding the article. To be honest, I would have signed this petition even if it said "Fire Mike Freeman because he thinks the color pink is bad". This guy loathes MMA and his articles on MMA are completely slanted, just like this one. For instance:

"Dana White is garbage, his sport is garbage. "

Regardless of what you think of Dana White - I personally think he's a sometimes too emotional person who nevertheless is a major force in the sport - I have a pretty big problem with reporters that say MMA is garbage without a shred of supporting evidence. And Mike Freeman's done it before.

Do I want him fired? Totally. Will it happen? Most likely not. But everytime someone like this speaks, someone who is given a voice by a mainstream media organization such as CBS, MMA takes a step backwards.

My opinion only.

Cheers,

Nick

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 9:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    I don't know what to thinks about Dana.He did contribute a lot to the sport,but his behavior is just stupid.
    I don't know about his other article,link plz.

Here you go. One of the most uneducated pieces of journalism ever published:

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/10162545

I'd give you highlights, but this is such a rolling train wreck you can basically throw a dart and hit one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 9:12pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he said White's sport is garbage without elaboration? It sounds like the columnist is criticising an aspect of the culture of UFC, not necessarily all of MMA as a sport.
    I can agree that the image of UFC sucks, so I could say that Dana White's sport sucks and not be inaccurate in representing my beliefs. I also think it has noble aspects and I would not contradict myself to say that I think it's amazing and beneficial.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 9:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    So he said White's sport is garbage without elaboration? It sounds like the columnist is criticising an aspect of the culture of UFC, not necessarily all of MMA as a sport.
    I can agree that the image of UFC sucks, so I could say that Dana White's sport sucks and not be inaccurate in representing my beliefs. I also think it has noble aspects and I would not contradict myself to say that I think it's amazing and beneficial.
    No dude. This guy doesn't just hate the UFC. He hates MMA - period.

This is from his mailbag. I bolded the nicest part below:

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/10786486

"Mike's Malicious Mail hates it when these MMA guys write us. Hates it. They're the most insecure people in the known universe. Always whining and crying about how their sport isn't respected. If I get one more letter from these crybaby fans I'm gonna ...

"I am just curious," writes Terrence, "it has been a year since your De La Hoya-Mayweather will separate boxing from thuggish UFC article, and the sport has grown even more since then. Do you still have the same sentiments about the UFC Mixed Martial Arts?"

How did that sneak in there?

One more time, insecure MMA peeps. Malicious Mail hates your sport. You love your sport. Why do you whiners care so much what others think of you? Move on. Get a life. Write Doyel. He likes crap. He writes crap. He's perfect for the mixed martial arts crowd."

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 9:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not going to sign because of two reasons

One it won't get him fired

two he's like a troll the more attention you pay him the more he thinks he matters.

MMA has gone beyond this or any other idiots opinion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 9:26pm

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you're wanting him to get fired because you don't agree with him?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 9:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, holy crap. Talk about epic fail on my part :).

I figured posting a thread on a pro-MMA forum on derailing a journalist who's hell bent on derailing MMA would get more support than this. C'est la vie :).

G-J, I think you're partially incorrect here. You have to remember that there are a lot of people in government, sanctioning bodies, etc. who equate MMA to "human cockfighting", which is exactly what Mike Freeman refers to the sport as in his first article. They cite crap like that article when they choose not to allow MMA events. The sport is still banned in a ton of places because of opinions just like this one.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast