Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 8:48am

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775 View Post
    A DD-214 is a discharge form. Anyone who was honorably discharged will hold on to theirs like gold.

I also find the claim that my beloved Corps would employ a 19 year old as a martial arts instructor to be highly improbable. You know what they say about extraordinary claims.
    That's what I thought. His biography also says that he was born in Panama and moved to the States in his early teens.

I'd like to know through which organization he got his karate and judo black belts. It's usually documented when someone has a black belt in a traditional martial art, which would make it easy to verify.

Also, does anyone know where he got the title of "professor"? If he had been in the USMC teaching hand to hand combat, then I doubt he would have 8-9 years to spend on getting a doctorate. His bio says it was honorary but doesn't mention who gave it to him.

How should I respond to his email??

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    4/09/2009 7:57am

supporting member
     Style: Starting Over... Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamurai View Post
    That's what I thought. His biography also says that he was born in Panama and moved to the States in his early teens.

I'd like to know through which organization he got his karate and judo black belts. It's usually documented when someone has a black belt in a traditional martial art, which would make it easy to verify.

Also, does anyone know where he got the title of "professor"? If he had been in the USMC teaching hand to hand combat, then I doubt he would have 8-9 years to spend on getting a doctorate. His bio says it was honorary but doesn't mention who gave it to him.

How should I respond to his email??

Well... you could tweak him further with questions that are phrased really nicely. Like:

An Honorary Doctorate is quite an achievement, and the issuing institution must be very proud of their association with you. Why not return the favor by naming that institution? Also could we please have an outline of your CV?

Or

After your years of services to our country your military record must be something to be really proud of. May we please have a copy of your DD-214 with the SSN redacted?

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 6:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Well i've got a place in Alexandria with mats. I offer myself for gong sau.
    Where in Alexandria? I'm about 1 1/2 hours away from Hampton, I cover some accounts down there and will be there the beginning of May. It may be worth checking them out.

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamurai View Post
    My most recent exchange. I have screencaptures to prove the exchanges took place, by the way.

Re: (no subject)‏
    Sent: April 5, 2009 1:58:18 AM
    To: cbourque@hotmail.com

Sir; I already know your history.
    I will tell you this much.
    I have been teaching close quarters combat
    for 52 years as of May 5th 2009.
    I was privileged to have been assigned to do
    so as a 19 year old United States Marine.
    I compliment you on your achievements.
    I look forward to seeing you in person.
    I will then be more than happy to oblige you.
    Be certain that your intentions are those of a honorable man.
    I will also need to know why my academia
    should be of any concern of yours.
    Again if you can proceed as per my initial request
    I will happily accommodate you.

Always respectful.

Prof. Ronald Duncan(516-410-4334)

A few hours later he sent me another reply:

Mr Bourque;
    Would you be kind enough
    to contact me at your convenience.
    In Martial brotherhood.
    Prof. Ronald Duncan
    (516-410-4334)

Note: Keep up the good works.

Advice on a reply? I've noticed that there are around 18+ topics regarding Ronald Duncan and his students, regarding their training and what they claim to teach. First and foremost, has anyone ever verified his black belts in the various systems of jujutsu, judo, karate and weaponry he studied? Wouldn't someone with a black belt in judo have records to prove them? What about kempo karate? Hasn't anyone tried to confirm with these organizations that he obtained a real black belt and not just an honorary one?

I could use help on this... I've never done this before and I'd like to know what the anti-ninja squad has to say.
    With regard to Mr. Duncan; I know he studied Isshinryu with Don Nagel back in the day. Never understood if he received a BB from him though. Prof. Ernie Cates also states that he studied Judo and Ju Jitsu under him about the same time frame, again no idea if he received a BB from him. He apparently had the opportunity to study Judo with the infamous Donn Dreager as well. He seems to have been pretty legit once upon a time, hell who knows he may still be, not sure where or when or why he became a Ninjer though. This isn't a defense of the man, only what I know of him which may be bullshit since I'm only going off what I've heard from those in or close to the Isshinryu circle.

Posted On:
    4/24/2009 6:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775 View Post
    To my knowledge, their is no such organization as the "Marine Martial Arts Federation." I did a Google search and only came up with "Sensei" Duncan's website.

Funny thing is, MCMAP did not exist as a system until 2001.

I would be interested to see this guy's DD-214.
    There was life before MCMAP. I went in the Corps in 1990 and back then it was LINE. LINE also had a predecessor but I don't remember nor do I really care what it was called. DD-214 wouldn't show anything he did as a civilian and if I recall correctly it probably wouldn't show any MA type thing as the whole H2H training thing was pretty ad hoc in my time and definitely before. The only official H2H training I received was in boot and I think the teachers were just run of the mill DI's and not a special MA MOS but what the hell do I know :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2011 3:45am

Style: Catch as Catch Can

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So how did the trip to visit Prof. Ronald Duncan go?

Posted On:
    5/04/2013 11:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sloth

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not exactly a timely response but I can add some information about Shawn Lewis.

I know him as Shadid Lewis, an he is a really agressive, and really stupid, convert to Islam. You can find him practically every day, adminning in a Muslim chat room on paltalk. His username is companion of quran.

He is one of the most stupid people I have ever come across, as well as one of the most childish. He considers himself invincible in debate, and I assume also in martial arts. He is constantly losing debates in this chat room, but he is too dumb to realise it.
    I would be absolutely amazed if his martial arts class was anything other than complete bullshit.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234