Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2009 12:30pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Missing 6mm bullets

Recently,
    My dad has re-chambered his .243 Ruger M77. It had a very long chamber on it and the accuracy was not what we wanted to see. (1.5 inch groups on average) So after it was all said and done we discovered it really like Hornaday 65 gr V-max bullets.
    This is where things get strange. With ammo shortages everywhere some due to the fun in the sun that the US federal government is involved in. We cannot find these bullets. So Dad, we will call him Planktime Sr, called Hornaday who said that they had just finished a run of 6mm bullets and that they were shipped out earlier that week. The nice lady said that we could expect to see them at major retailers with in 7-10 days. This was 2 months ago. We have both been watching all the usual suspects both local and online. No one seems to have them and no one seems to be getting them. We have back ordered them from Midsouth and the never arrive.
    So my question is where the **** are they? Some things to consider;
    1. 6mm is not a military use projectile like 5.56 or .308 NATO So it is unlikely they were used for the military.
    2. 6mm or .243 is popular but no wildly so.
    3. Vendors say they have not seen any shipments from Hornaday.

So again Where the **** are they? Did Hornaday lie to Planktime Sr.? If so why? Where would a train load of bullets go?

Anyone have the same experience or is it just related to being in Colorado?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2009 1:01pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A little off topic, but what is the rifle chambered for now?

I ask because I used to shoot bench rest in 6x45.

May have some Hornaday or Speer bullets left over to send to you, but will need to excavate a foot locker or two.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2009 11:08pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is chambered in .243 rem. We have projectiles for it, the problem lies in the fact that the hornaday 65 gr V-max shoot .5 inch groups at 100 yards. I just wonder where these projectiles are?