1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/15/2011 8:21pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lockdown counter?

So I think I stumbled on a pretty sweet lockdown counter today in No-Gi. I got it to work on the two purple belts in my class that use lockdown the most. Let me know what you think.

Opponent has lockdown on you with the top underhook. Start by Whizzering hard against the top arm. The goal is to get them on their side and a little more toward belly down. This is super easy if they are trying a back take from lockdown. Then when you have turned them enough and have killed their momentum roll forward over the shoulder that you are whizzering with. If they hang on to the lockdown with the legs you can pull them along a little and land in mount. If they bail and let go of the lockdown you still escape into a North South scramble.

Whizzer here:
    Last edited by WhiteShark; 8/15/2011 8:26pm at .

Posted On:
    8/15/2011 8:37pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I understand what you're talking about but I'm having some difficult visualizing this. Any chance at a video?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/15/2011 9:21pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    So I think I stumbled on a pretty sweet lockdown counter today in No-Gi. I got it to work on the two purple belts in my class that use lockdown the most. Let me know what you think.

Opponent has lockdown on you with the top underhook. Start by Whizzering hard against the top arm. The goal is to get them on their side and a little more toward belly down. This is super easy if they are trying a back take from lockdown. Then when you have turned them enough and have killed their momentum roll forward over the shoulder that you are whizzering with. If they hang on to the lockdown with the legs you can pull them along a little and land in mount. If they bail and let go of the lockdown you still escape into a North South scramble.

Whizzer here:
    I guess, I tend to tell most not to allow themselves to be straightened their body even if presented with this opportunity. I'll see what I can do to pressure test this.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    8/15/2011 9:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure if I get it.

(Just for fun)
    My classic lockdown escape is control their hips scoot down their body, wrap up under their butt, squeeze your arms together, kick back like a runner to break the lockdown, high step out or hipswitch out your leg and pass.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 12:38am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    I'm not sure if I get it.

(Just for fun)
    My classic lockdown escape is control their hips scoot down their body, wrap up under their butt, squeeze your arms together, kick back like a runner to break the lockdown, high step out or hipswitch out your leg and pass.
    My two standard breaks are to invert and go for a reverse mount or flatten my opponent and spaghetti my legs.

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 8:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, If you try this today focus on the hard whizzer to make the space to roll. I'm also using it to break the grip if they have their hands together but usually I start the whizzer before they connect their hands like in the picture.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 9:14am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see how you would land in N/S if they let go doing that, but how do you end up in mount if they keep the lockdown? Seems like you would end up in some kind of spaghettied 50/50esque position...

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 9:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sort of open-sourcing this so I don't have all the answers yet. I just know I landed mount a couple times. I probably am rolling towards them after I roll over my whizzering arm. Or they are bailing later in the roll. Or I am breaking the lockdown enough during the roll to push the locked down knee through to mount.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 1:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Had one of my guys do this during free grappling today. Didn't work exactly as described but it did work.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    8/16/2011 3:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't mean to be a douche, but why are you letting them get the lockdown AND the underhook in the first place? :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast