Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 8:43am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Amazing how unbelievable feats of strength like this never happen in front of a video camera, eh? A skinny little man punches a dumpster and moves it? Yeah, right. Y'know what's even funnier about that? I knew a former student of his, and he's mentioned deThouars punching and denting a dumpster, but never happened to mention moving it.
    I did it with a ninja/WC/Silat chi ball once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 8:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    I did it with a ninja/WC/Silat chi ball once.
    Was it a moment of desperation or just a real pretty chi ball?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 9:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pakua42 View Post
    How do you complain to a moderator or administrator about uncalled for comments?
    I hope you are referring to the **** you keep posting in various threads.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 9:19am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    Was it a moment of desperation or just a real pretty chi ball?
    It was a little bit of both. I had some really bad Taco Bell and couldn't make the run for the toilet, so I just aimed it at a dumpster. I drew all that I had been taught by my videos and comic books and let it fly. It was glorious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 9:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    I knew a former student of his, and he's mentioned deThouars punching and denting a dumpster, but never happened to mention moving it.
    clearly you encountered a filthy heretic.

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 10:32am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    clearly you encountered a filthy heretic.
    ... or perhaps I just wasn't ready to receive the full teaching transmission of Xenu

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's nothing. I once saw my Muay Thai coach emerge victorious in a fight with another human being. Let's see a Silat guy do that. (Seriously, been searching for three years now, still nothing)
    Anyways, I loved how this thread got resurrected for first "I saw it in an action movie so does that count?" immediately followed by "I knew a guy who was super cool and could punch dumpsters, so of course Silat works" mixed in with Hedgehogey's "these dark savages perfect fighting arts that no civilized white man would even consider!" kind of old-timey racism.
    Ten points for Hufflepuff.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 11:58am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    That's nothing. I once saw my Muay Thai coach emerge victorious in a fight with another human being. Let's see a Silat guy do that. (Seriously, been searching for three years now, still nothing)
    That's how good they are - all witnesses (including video equipment) are dead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2012 8:02am

Style: Aiki, I-Chuan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thought it was an old woman. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    I used to play kyukushon with a dude with white hair.
    I was about 11 at the time and the other dude 12 or 13, one time he KO-ed me with a sidekick to the jaw.
    Eversince white haired kids freak me out.
    Jeez, I thought that loud mouth white haired kid was an old woman till I took a closer look. I didnt come here to do anything but learn and make acquantances. 8 year old kids I dont need. (Yeah, try to convince me you are an adult now.) Anyway, anyone that is on this form that says F.U. to another commentor, whether deserved or not, has no business even being here and will never have the real essence of a spiritual Warrior. I mean can you imagine Dan Inosonto after being called a fake saying "YOU KNOW WHAT, fu MAN. i WILL BEAT YOUR a$$! . If Dan ever posted that, we'd all know automatically....it wasnt Dan but an imposter. Sadly I think this board "does" have too many people who are a bit too volatile . And I'd like to know, Im mot kidding, what percentage of the members here have a criminal record, compared to the avg population? There are just too many people here who strike out verbally before they think. Thats a "prison mentality."

OK..SO that said, can we make peace now on this thread? Im not saying anything more about it,regardless of who attacks me or what. Its sad but I forgot what I was on this thread to accomplish. I will say, I have met some really good, classy,knowledgable people here who make putting up with the others worth coming here. I just wish this board wasnt so much like America,where anyone has 'the right" to be here just because they are breathing. Howz that policy working out for the United States so far? I must admit that the guys here who have dug up so much funny stuff on Steven Seagal have kept me ROFLMAO so long, its amazing the comedic talent we get here ....when boundaries are respected. Happy training to all, and thank you guys for answering my questions.

Oh, what I did want to add in about Silat is that I have been to Silat schools in NYC where the instructor was directly from Indonesia, and 2 schools where they were 1 step removed. All 3 schools could not keep members. My guess......Silat is not a simple art and most people cannot do it unless more coordinated than the avg guy to begin with. Everyone here seems to be dying to find a Silat school, yet every silat school I find has like 4 students at most per class. I think it is deadly, an incredibly beautiful street art, but there is a reason the Dog Bros, took stick fighting from the jungle arts and simplified it so anyone can do it. One is not better than the other...it depends what you want. Thats my opinion after living over 50 years on this planet.

Posted On:
    9/30/2012 8:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pakua42 View Post
    I just wish this board wasnt so much like America,where anyone has 'the right" to be here just because they are breathing. Howz that policy working out for the United States so far?
    Yeah, freedom of speech, what a bitch.

but there is a reason the Dog Bros, took stick fighting from the jungle arts and simplified it so anyone can do it.
    Yes, there is, but it's not the reason you think. When you take a weapons art and remove from the curriculum the stuff that nobody can pull off in a fully-resisting, real-time environment, you get something that more resembles the Dog Brothers curriculum.

I can't recall which of their DVD's has it, but in one, they have a silat player demonstrate one of his forms. And then Crafty Dog comes on and says something along the lines of "I'd see someone doing a form like that, and I'd think to myself 'great, but I wonder how he deals with a jab.' "