Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 394546474849 5051525359 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/14/2010 1:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Understand context? We're on a thread that has stipulated dozens of times that compliant demos are not the goal, that theatrics are not proper evidence, that there are plenty of compliant Silat videos, and that none of these are desired or useful to this discussion.

That's the context I was operating in.

As for Moose and Tripp: to my recollection I neither saw nor commented on it. Same with Shamrock. If you want to have a discussion about the validity of compliant demos in general, then I'd say start another thread.

Briefly, my opinion is that there's nothing intrinsically wrong with compliant demos, but they don't prove anything about fighting or function. Since this thread is about proof, fighting, and function, I am unclear as to how compliant demos are a useful thing to post.
    Yes understand that J Jude said he was showiing an example of something.. in this case throws that are used in Silat. The video was just that, it was a demonstration of throws in Silat.

I mean yeah we get tht you feel strongly about all the nice buzz words that make the koolaid taste good here... but that does not obligate J Jude or anyone to make sure that a video demonstrates every last Bullshido principle to assuage the 20 year olds... he said and i quote "this is an example of Silat throws." He did not even say "this guy is a badass who I love and respect and want to have his puppies"

he was simply showing the video to demonstrate some throws... even you big bad tough live guys have to demonstrate a technique now and then in between kicking all of the Silat guys around the gym! :adora:
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    2/14/2010 1:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was trying to show an example of compliant throws in a Silat demo. It showed some very responsive and theatrical demonstration partners.

I was reminding him that his example doesn't belong in this thread, since it doesn't address the OP or provide evidence of anything useful.

Where's the kool-aid? Where's the buzz-words? We're asking for proof of fighting ability. That proof does not consist of a demo where one guy does flashy **** and looks really suave while the other guy flies backwards without fighting back.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/14/2010 2:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    But, in case you forgot, it was SOME GUY WHO CLAIMED SILAT MASTERY who convinced me that Silat was BS in the first place....
    Fix.... ED!
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2010 11:14am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    How would you engage Bob Sapp on the street?

The best strategy would be to strike him in face and he'll go down crying like a baby since that seems to be his Kryptoknite (Crocop, Fujita)
    Last edited by Elemental Fist; 2/14/2010 11:35am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silat is not Sucks, in here people often fight in street, and there are somany people die just for somethin they called Siri' you go googling it. search makassar siri' or check this :
    http://www.adln.lib.unair.ac.id/prin...PHPSESSID=633b...

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    How would you engage Bob Sapp on the street?
    in here no matter how skillfulll you are , you can be kill by stabbing from behind. Silat is works on street, and I see many people survive, from knife attack, if you want to learn silat Why not back to the sources , go to indonesia, not from YOUTUBE.
    Last edited by tataksarella; 2/15/2010 3:32am at .

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tataksarella View Post
    Silat is not Sucks, in here people often fight in street, and there are somany people die just for somethin they called Siri' you go googling it. search makassar siri' or check this :
    http://www.adln.lib.unair.ac.id/prin...PHPSESSID=633b...

in here no matter how skillfulll you are , you can be kill by stabbing from behind, .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 3:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what turn you on? Fair enough I guess, to each their own, but now I see why you're always talking about being 'stabbed from behind' on the street.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:01pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Yes understand that J Jude said he was showiing an example of something.. in this case throws that are used in Silat. The video was just that, it was a demonstration of throws in Silat.

I mean yeah we get tht you feel strongly about all the nice buzz words that make the koolaid taste good here... but that does not obligate J Jude or anyone to make sure that a video demonstrates every last Bullshido principle to assuage the 20 year olds... he said and i quote "this is an example of Silat throws." He did not even say "this guy is a badass who I love and respect and want to have his puppies"

he was simply showing the video to demonstrate some throws... even you big bad tough live guys have to demonstrate a technique now and then in between kicking all of the Silat guys around the gym! :adora:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw, on the first fucking post in this thread
    -Show me, don't tell me: that is, post videos. If I wanted anecdotes about the totally hardcore training you do at your Silat school which is way better than everyone else's Silat school, then I'd be posting this on MAP.
    -In particular, post videos of people actually fighting. I've already found my fill of youtube clutter of STREET SILAT REAL SELF DEFENSE RAH demos on how deadly Silat is the deadliest of all arts against a compliant opponent who means you no harm.
    Fail, fail.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    2/15/2010 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    So let me get this straight. When M Tripp did a demo with Moose and Moose let him demo the throw this was theatrics also?
    REAL bad idea to bring me into this.

In the first place, I have a few stories about the local Silat school (King Dragon) that would not place those of that style in a very good light. There is even internet reference to some of it. The story I tell about the jerks coming to my school with bolo knives and wanting a death match? Those were Silat people.

Second, your example fails because I have a proven track record of training champions in ALL types of events. What I am showing clearly has worked, and we have the medals to prove it.

Knowing how to throw someone is VERY different from being able to pull it off in real time. I have proven that myself, and my students, can do just that.

Now, if you don't want my apples, then don't shake my tree.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC