Page 3 of 68 First 12345671353 ... Last
  1. #21
    It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said. supporting member
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,290
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grammatoncleric View Post
    I did silat for about a year and a half... My experience wasn't good, in fact it was one of the worst experiences of my life but I learned alot from it. I joined a full on cult and a fellow cult member who left around the same time as I did was warned by a friend of his ex about it's cultish vibes. [/url]
    Which one? If you don't mind me asking.
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

    -excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    26
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Which one? If you don't mind me asking.
    Sorry I'm gonna sound like a wimp...

    My ex instructor's cult is still alive and kicking, he threatened me recently through a friend (in his subtle non legally binding way, he's friends with a criminal lawyer) with 2 of his students, who I personally know are literally willing to die for him. I haven't done any serious training (I don't include the Silat) in almost 5 years... They were handy without the training (ex dealers) and now they've changed to the Muay Thai style training, I'd get creamed.

    If he stalks me to this thread (he's done that in the past, but that was a Silat forum) you'll find out anyway.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe...eature=related

  3. #23
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,942
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The OP is a fag. Silat is deaddddddddddddddly!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RLfwoSMn3I

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    26
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    The OP is a fag. Silat is deaddddddddddddddly!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RLfwoSMn3I
    LMAO. I'm hurt :cwm10:.

  5. #25
    It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said. supporting member
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,290
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grammatoncleric View Post
    Sorry I'm gonna sound like a wimp...

    My ex instructor's cult is still alive and kicking, he threatened me recently through a friend (in his subtle non legally binding way, he's friends with a criminal lawyer) with 2 of his students, who I personally know are literally willing to die for him. I haven't done any serious training (I don't include the Silat) in almost 5 years... They were handy without the training (ex dealers) and now they've changed to the Muay Thai style training, I'd get creamed.

    If he stalks me to this thread (he's done that in the past, but that was a Silat forum) you'll find out anyway.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe...eature=related
    Umm. Wow.

    I was asking because I got my dumb ass wrapped up in one as well. I was just curious if it was the same one. However, much to my disappointment, my idiots don't appear to be as motivated, or as dangerous, as your idiots.
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

    -excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

  6. #26
    Rancid Pantaloons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    864
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how did you guys get involved in scary cults anyway?

  7. #27
    SuperGuido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Plasticville, CA
    Posts
    1,348
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    The OP is a fag. Silat is deaddddddddddddddly!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RLfwoSMn3I
    You may want to use that word sparingly. It'd be an awful shame for some "fag" to beat your ass into oblivion.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6orM84owB7M
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    Helio was submitted by Kimura

  8. #28
    theotherserge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Pantaloons View Post
    how did you guys get involved in scary cults anyway?
    its a Silat/Kali thing, you wouldn't understand?

    Not a well laid-out website, but the drawings/watercolors by Bill deThouras look like the work of an Arkham Asylum inhabitant. Creepy really when you consider that the "artist" is a lethal knife-expert. Click on the image to see more.

    http://www.willemdethouars.com/paintings.html
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

  9. #29
    It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said. supporting member
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,290
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Pantaloons View Post
    how did you guys get involved in scary cults anyway?
    I wasn't hugged enough as a child.
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

    -excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

  10. #30
    It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said. supporting member
    JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,290
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge View Post
    its a Silat/Kali thing, you wouldn't understand?

    Not a well laid-out website, but the drawings/watercolors by Bill deThouras look like the work of an Arkham Asylum inhabitant. Creepy really when you consider that the "artist" is a lethal knife-expert. Click on the image to see more.

    http://www.willemdethouars.com/paintings.html
    What about his student Steve Gartin who got arrested with nine edged weapons on his person?

    The deThouars folks are pretty weird. They're all pretty hard core Christians.
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

    -excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Page 3 of 68 First 12345671353 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO