Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 1:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    The closed-door training mentality has been disproven in this modern age. I accept that you practice it, but if you won't show proof, STFU.
    How can I show proof? Show you a closed door? Invite someone to train and then when they aren't welcome have them post video of a closed door or their forced ejection from the Kumite?

As for "find a good Silat school," grow a brain, dipshit. What do we ask of everyone here when they say "find the real X"? What do we want to know? What specific things might you provide other than that, that could help us on this endeavor?

You're a smart jerkoff. Figure it out and tell us.
    Funny, prick. I think that I've provided enough, such as GO TRAIN WITH GOOD SILAT INSTRUCTORS. I think Dan Inosanto's doors are open. If you haven't gotten more than enough information about Silat from this thread, you're hopeless.

& drop the "we/us" bullshit, fanboy. You don't rate. Oh, & Isshin Ryu sucks, no real pressure testing, just pattycake kickboxing at best. Why are you still doing it? Considering that you do such a *****-ass art, why the **** should I even be replying to your unworthy post?

Blah, the tough guy Bullshido enforcer fanboy act was old before you joined up. Grow up, kiddie.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 1:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope. You missed the catch. Try again.

When you say "good silat instruction is rare" and "if you want to see good Silat, go to a good Silat school," what are you leaving out?

I'm tired--Mad Libs Flame War! [insulting reference to Jim Jude], you [verb] [obscene gerund] with [unreasonably obscure noun (pl.)]!

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 2:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope. You missed the catch. Try again.

When you say "good silat instruction is rare" and "if you want to see good Silat, go to a good Silat school," what are you leaving out?
    Fucking Hell! DAN INOSANTO!!!! How many times have we said his name!?! He has instructors all over the country! What an excellent place to start.
    Gawd, what a fucking idiot.
    It's like talking to a woman... "What am I thinking? Whine-whine-whine!"
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 4/06/2009 2:47pm at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 2:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm tired--Mad Libs Flame War! [insulting reference to Jim Jude], you [verb] [obscene gerund] with [unreasonably obscure noun (pl.)]!
    Would you mind providing a gerund for that statement? I doubt you can, since you don't know what a gerund is or how it's used syntactically. Please, don't attempt insults that you lack the intelligence to execute.

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Fucking Hell! DAN INOSANTO!!!! How many times have we said his name!?! He has instructors all over the country! What an excellent place to start.
    Gawd, what a fucking idiot.
    Alright.

Far be it from me to be the voice of reason here. And believe me if we've gotten to that point the wheels have seriously come off.

What the **** is everybody so goddamn pissed off about?

This isn't serving a purpose. I know this is YMAS, but christ there has to at least be some point to an intelligent discussion. I mean, Serge (not that I'm really surprised here) is managing to post without losing his ****.

Jim, what the **** dude? Why are you still bothering to get all pissed off? I get what you're trying to do, and I understand you feel strongly about it but this **** ain't worth the blown gasket. I admire that you're trying to make a case here, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. And it doesn't have to. But they're not gonna take you at your word and you're not obligated to provide proof for them.

Unless you're just fucking around. In which case carry on.

But this thread deviated from any kind of useful discourse a while ago.

Yes there is some silat that does not suck. Yes it's hard to find. Yes, most of it sucks because of the reason that most traditional martial arts suck. Bad teaching and training methods.

As for the rest of you getting all bent out of shape, who gives a ****? McClaw posted a request, he didn't get what he wanted, and all of sudden everybody else starts fucking chiming in with this useless ****. It's the hostility that doesn't make any sense. It's way out of proportion with what's really being spoken about here.

I mean, at some point we're all here to talk and learn ****. Having it devolve into a town hall meeting every time is a bit useless don't you think?

Yeah, I know this ain't MAP. I wasn't asking for civilized. I'm asking for intelligent.
    Last edited by JP; 4/06/2009 2:49pm at .
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 2:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A name is nothing. We use the Matt Thornton reference because it's a quick, simple way to point people to easily-found treatises on aliveness and foundational philosophy. We provide links to his blog and Youtube vids.

Saying "Dan Inosanto" does nothing of the sort. Is there a place to easily find Inosanto's Pencak Silat material, philosophy, techniques online? Amazon, YouTube, a blog?

My point is thus: If you don't want to provide evidence that Silat doesn't suck, then shut up. If you do, then do so. But don't straddle the middle, fencepost in your ass, saying that Silat is X but refusing to explain how, why, or where one could get evidence.

Since you're dense today, here's what one would expect when told "go find a good Silat school": a list of things to look for. Again, all the CMAers who have found good schools have a list of disclaimers when they recommend Tai Chi or Xingyi or Baji ("X is great as long as you actually glove up frequently"), and I have ones for Isshinryu or Gojuryu or any other Okinawan karate ("if the bunkai involves blocking kicks with your fingers, run"). If you tell me to find a good Silat school, but don't give me the criteria for distinguishing between a good one and a bad one, then oops! you're a moron.

With your balloon-sputtering-around-the-room attacks, vicious retorts to reasonable requests, and general stonewalling, you are cementing into my mind the belief that all Silat practitioners have mental problems.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 3:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Jim, what the **** dude? Why are you still bothering to get all pissed off? I get what you're trying to do, and I understand you feel strongly about it but this **** ain't worth the blown gasket. I admire that you're trying to make a case here, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. And it doesn't have to. But they're not gonna take you at your word and you're not obligated to provide proof for them.

Unless you're just fucking around. In which case carry on.
    Man, that's not fair, calling me out like that. You know I don't take the Internet seriously. It IS the Internet, after all. It's spring break, I'm bored, and all my friends are down at the river while I'm at home with my daughter, however beautiful and entertaining she may be... ^_^

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 3:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A name is nothing. We use the Matt Thornton reference because it's a quick, simple way to point people to easily-found treatises on aliveness and foundational philosophy. We provide links to his blog and Youtube vids.

Saying "Dan Inosanto" does nothing of the sort. Is there a place to easily find Inosanto's Pencak Silat material, philosophy, techniques online? Amazon, YouTube, a blog?
    Buy some of his dvds, you fuckin' cheapskate.

My point is thus: If you don't want to provide evidence that Silat doesn't suck, then shut up. If you do, then do so. But don't straddle the middle, fencepost in your ass, saying that Silat is X but refusing to explain how, why, or where one could get evidence.
    We'll spoon feed the widdle guy:
    GO TRAIN WITH A GOOD SILAT INSTRUCTOR!!!
    IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND GOOD SILAT, ESPECIALLY ON THE INTERNET!!!!
    YOU MUST GO AND TRAIN!!!

(did you get it that time?)

Since you're dense today
    If I'm dense, then you're a fucking sieve.

... here's what one would expect when told "go find a good Silat school": a list of things to look for. Again, all the CMAers who have found good schools have a list of disclaimers when they recommend Tai Chi or Xingyi or Baji ("X is great as long as you actually glove up frequently"), and I have ones for Isshinryu or Gojuryu or any other Okinawan karate ("if the bunkai involves blocking kicks with your fingers, run"). If you tell me to find a good Silat school, but don't give me the criteria for distinguishing between a good one and a bad one, then oops! you're a moron.
    Funny, douche. It would seem here, at Bullshido, you and your comrades have already established the criteria for a good school teaching effective methods. Pressure Testing with Resisting Opponents and Contact Capable methods. What? Did you forget?

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, that's not fair, calling me out like that. You know I don't take the Internet seriously. It IS the Internet, after all. It's spring break, I'm bored, and all my friends are down at the river while I'm at home with my daughter, however beautiful and entertaining she may be... ^_^
    Man I wasn't calling you out at all. I just wanted to make sure you weren't losing your marbles with all this. Cause jesus it's a total fuckpail filled with dogshit to wade through.

After all, the internet is serious bizness.

I could also be venting my disappointment, I had fairly high hopes for this thread when it started gaining momentum.
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 3:21pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Man I wasn't calling you out at all. I just wanted to make sure you weren't losing your marbles with all this. Cause jesus it's a total fuckpail filled with dogshit to wade through.

After all, the internet is serious bizness.

I could also be venting my disappointment, I had fairly high hopes for this thread when it started gaining momentum.
    Oh, I knew this would be one big cock-tease of a thread. If someone had come up with something, I would have **** a brick.