Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Weighted vests?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Weighted vests?

Hello forum members I have a question about weighted vests I have one that I use in my daily training and was wondering if you could tell me a few more exercises that I could do with my vest it weighs 30 lbs and i weight 160 I already do squats and push ups in it but I was hoping you all could let me know a few more exercises i could do with it thanks in advance and God bless:4robot::4robot:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go running.. that's what it's made for. a barbell press/deadlift will give better results than the push ups and squats.. especially as the vest is only about 19% of your bodyweight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    go running.. that's what it's made for. a barbell press/deadlift will give better results than the push ups and squats.. especially as the vest is only about 19% of your bodyweight
    "go running.. that's what it's made for"

Running is already joint intensive, adding weight will excerbate this. Yes their are fat people that run, and yes some don't have joint problems, however, the overwhelming number of overweight people who run regularly have knee problems.

I'd keep any jogging/running you do unweighted. I think it could be useful for bodyweight complexes for conditioning, but it will not assist in max strength in any way.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my short list would include: dips, pull-/chin-ups, inverted rows, hindu squats, walking lunges, crossover step-ups

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful View Post
    my short list would include: dips, pull-/chin-ups, inverted rows, hindu squats, walking lunges, crossover step-ups
    These. Pick any bodyweight exercise since the vest increases your body weight.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if you could swim in it?
    Check out my blog!:

http://jadonbjj.blogspot.com/

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you buy or did you make yours?

Merry Christmas! shitter's full... supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would use one for body weight exersizes. ever since i saw a gymrat wearing a fly fishing vest with the million and one pockets that he had filled with baggies full of lead shot, i thought they were a pretty cool idea.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or u can be more recreational and ask some one to hop on your back. It works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big maclol View Post
    Or u can be more recreational and ask some one to hop on your back. It works
    Recreational...?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last