Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2009 11:58pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, just got back from the weigh in's... my fight tomorrow is officially canceled.

At the weigh in's, I made weight (145.4lbs) and couldn't be happier. I was so pumped. My opponent weighs in, and comes in 5lbs overweight (150.8lbs). The state told him that he had to lose the 5lbs by tomorrow, and he refused to do so.

My Sifu then talked to him, and told him that if he at least tried to make the weight, that the fight would go on. Sifu told him that if he made 148lbs, the fight would happen.

My opponent bitched, and complained that he hadn't eaten/drank for a whole day, and that we didn't know what "he was going through". I then told him that I hadn't eaten for 2 damn days, and that I was trying so hard to make weight that I've been throwing up in training, and cut to 145lbs in just 12 days! He didn't care.

He refused the offer, and left, so it's done.

I'm very pissed, and pretty sad too. He should never get another fight in this state ever again. Especially cause he wanted the fight to be at 145lbs, not me, yet I made the damn weight.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 9:30am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KFighter View Post
    Hey guys, just got back from the weigh in's... my fight tomorrow is officially canceled.

At the weigh in's, I made weight (145.4lbs) and couldn't be happier. I was so pumped. My opponent weighs in, and comes in 5lbs overweight (150.8lbs). The state told him that he had to lose the 5lbs by tomorrow, and he refused to do so.

My Sifu then talked to him, and told him that if he at least tried to make the weight, that the fight would go on. Sifu told him that if he made 148lbs, the fight would happen.

My opponent bitched, and complained that he hadn't eaten/drank for a whole day, and that we didn't know what "he was going through". I then told him that I hadn't eaten for 2 damn days, and that I was trying so hard to make weight that I've been throwing up in training, and cut to 145lbs in just 12 days! He didn't care.

He refused the offer, and left, so it's done.

I'm very pissed, and pretty sad too. He should never get another fight in this state ever again. Especially cause he wanted the fight to be at 145lbs, not me, yet I made the damn weight.
    dude, while it sucks to train for a fight and make weight and have it cancelled due to the other guy not being able to fight for whatever reason, you're better off not having taken it.

you're young and have a lot of fights ahead of you, and you don't need to be fighting a guy who is either larger, or hasn't cut the way you have, as it would give him an advantage and it wouldn't be fair. i'm not saying that you wouldn't have beaten him, but that it doesn't make sense to take that risk and the potential for a loss on your record.

personally i wish there were more regulations in place to control weight cutting, because as it stands, everyone *has* to cut, because the opponent will. it's a vicious cycle that leads to unhealthy training, and in my opinion the potential for future health problems. however, i do tell anyone i am training for a fight to cut weight and fight in the lightest weight class they can, it's good coaching considering all the factors in place today

anyway, at least you now know that you can make the weight if you choose, and that is good experience.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2009 9:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know Ming Loyalist, that's what my Sifu said. And even though I'm disappointed, I agree with everything he said. Even though he believes that I would have won, he didn't want the fucker to come in at 160lbs, and just lay on me the entire fight and grind out a boring decision.

I'll take this as a learning experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 5:50am

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great fight, well done, dominant the whole fight.

Good work, look forward to the next fight, (and vid) :)

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 6:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DAmn dude, way to weather the sucker punch rush after the glove touch. That throw he got on you looked pretty wicked but you just smoothly moved to the triangle.

I think you could have finished it there if you had cranked down on his arm and turned it into an armbar+triangle. It looked like it was already really close.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you all. It looks like I'm aiming for June for my next fight. Hopefully, my opponent will make weight this time around.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 12:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as kintaton said that throw looked pretty intense, you took it really well and kept on fighting.
    great stuff man!!!
    and im not gonna knock anyone about looks or anything but wtf was up with your opponents beard?!

Posted On:
    5/12/2009 5:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good work striking and on the ground - good basic movement and positions. On those armbars, clamp your knees in tight together in transition before falling back and you'll get the tap as opposed to leaving all that space and trying to remove it at the end.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456