Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Rolls With Sweaty Men!

Posted On:
    1/12/2004 9:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks a lot for coming down here and fielding questions Mr. Robinson. The information you have presented has been really helpfull. I will undoubtedly be accused of nutriding here, but whatever. Thanks a lot for coming down. I hope you will stick around and continue contributing. It is good to have someone who is both long winded (afterall, you are a writer like you said) and interesting.

Nu-Metal Head

Posted On:
    1/12/2004 9:46pm

Style: Mauy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah thanks again Blacksmith, this site is about to become alot more interesting with a real Navy Seal posting.

Id also like to say I understand what you mean by the video game comments. I get head ach's trying to explain to these "video soldiers" that no video game will every be able to simulate real life.
    "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Posted On:
    1/13/2004 1:06am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Oh... and I particularly enjoyed the review of the BLOODSPORT movie linked through the main page. Both my wife and I have seen the movie and we both laughed our asses off. The author of THAT piece has a definite future as a standup comedian!"

Thats JKD Chick, our moderator from Vancouver, and the leading lady of Bullshido :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2004 6:52am

Style: BJJ, CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by BlacksmithSEAL
    Okay, next comment/question - HALO and HAHO training. A man generally gets the first platoon deployment out of the way and gets some operational experience under his belt before he is sent to learn HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) and HAHO (High Altitude High Opening) parachuting tactics and techniques. There are always exceptions to such scheduling conventions, and ultimately the guys get to the school whenever they can manage it in their schedules.
    Work around the campfire is that MFF is being added to the standard initial pipeline for Team guys.

All of the official HTH instruction in the BUD/S unit is done by the active duty US Navy instructors (all of whom are SEALs). All of the official HTH instruction I received while with SEAL Team ONE was presented by other SEALs... but that was 30+ years ago. I don't have the knowledge necessary to address the situation regarding possible civilian instructors presenting such courses in the Team compound over the intervening years.
    I train under Pat Tray and Frank Cucci. They both learned from Paul Vunak and later Dan Inosanto. Pat also trained with the Machados and Frank with Pedro Sauer and Rickson Gracie. Pat and Frank both acted as HTH instructors at one point or another.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/13/2004 8:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People do need to understand that, when it comes to WHO is teaching Hand-to-hand to ANY military force, those instructors are ALWAYS from the military.
    Now the militray does send out instructors to evaluate many courses in HTH and Combat Shooting, etc. ANd those instructors may come back with some stuff they like and teach THAT to the trainess, but that is kind of how far it goes.
    Now I am speaking about the Canadian and the British, but I am sure that the US is pretty much the same too.

Posted On:
    1/13/2004 9:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by ronin69
    People do need to understand that, when it comes to WHO is teaching Hand-to-hand to ANY military force, those instructors are ALWAYS from the military.
    ......Now I am speaking about the Canadian and the British, but I am sure that the US is pretty much the same too.
    While this is generally true, there are exceptions. We had outsiders come to our unit on several occassions to teach Faribanks knife skills and American Combato (in addition the crap the military itself taught).

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/13/2004 9:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? what branch were you in? and why did they bring in outsiders ?

Posted On:
    1/13/2004 9:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marine Scout/Sniper Platoon. We were fortunate enough to have a Training Chief who was one of those nuts who was also a Recon Marine, Ranger, SEAL and SF (and still active SF). He seemed to know everyone and certainly knew how to work the system...a true "operator".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2004 9:41am

Style: BJJ, CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by punchingdummy
    We were fortunate enough to have a Training Chief who was one of those nuts who was also a Recon Marine, Ranger, SEAL and SF (and still active SF). He seemed to know everyone and certainly knew how to work the system...a true "operator".
    Only two men ever earned the Trident, Ranger Tab, and Green Beret, and neither of them were ever in Recon.

Posted On:
    1/13/2004 10:00am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The_Dude73
    Only two men ever earned the Trident, Ranger Tab, and Green Beret, and neither of them were ever in Recon.
    From my understanding, there are more than a handful. When this guy left The Corps and joined the SEALs (completing BUDs at 36 years old), we thought it was a great feat and that he might want to consider writing a book one day. He had already spend a few years in SF (and has since returned there). Somebody did a little research (and I'm getting this part second hand) and found that there were actually many men who had already accomplished this (the impression I was left was there were several dozen). Whether or not the others were Recon Marines, I don't know.

I'm sure this guy was Recon and SF. Pretty sure hear earned the Ranger tab and Trident. I'd be glad to discreetly provide Mr. Robinson the name and see what comes up in his database.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast