Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 7:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is funny - in lots of towns like Plymouth (UK), you had to lie and tell girls you *weren't* a commando to stand a chance.

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 12:29pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, Clang since it appears that you think it is okay to lie to people about who you are in order to use them I have one word for you. Psychopath,*A person with a personality disorder, especially one manifested in aggressively antisocial behavior* Not only did these guys use the Seal claim to hook up, some of them used it as a bridge to "borrow" money from these women they romanced which of course was never repaid.

I really don't think any of the behavior you describe should be tolerated even if your two Seal stories were true. (and they sound 4th hand to me) If they actually happened anyone doing those actions should be subjected to military justice, and kicked off of the teams since they obviously do not have the judgment required to carry out their assigned roles.

Since your world view seems to be, I'll say what will help me to get what I want, the concept of honor would be lost on you, but if you were to read Steve's book you would also discover that people lie about being Seals to embellish their resumes, Would you be equally accepting if someone got a job you were in line for because he falsified a military background that he didn't have?
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 1/10/2004 12:40pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also seems like a lot of martial arts instructors have experience training SEALS. How many do they friggin need?

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I always thought big guys claiming to be SEAL's was Bullshit sometimes, at least someone is pointing them out now.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69
  5. DRD

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 10:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record. I don't know if some of Clangs comments were either tongue in cheek or what you would hear in a bar full of military guys, but I do know that Clang is nothing but honorable as both a military man, and very much a family man.

DRD

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 11:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I think Hollywood just loves the idea of them coming out of the water, being able to operate in ANY enviorment."

I'm sure the guys in SF, Force Recon and the PJs are pretty comfortable in any envionment as well.

Most elite units seem to have their problems with wannabes. I believe several maintain (or did at one time) wannabe web sites where phony's could be reported/tracked (SEALs, SF, Rangers, Marine Scout/Snipers).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 11:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I think Hollywood just loves the idea of them coming out of the water, being able to operate in ANY enviorment."
    I think Hollywood finds SEALs easier to wrap their minds around. After all blowing things up looks better on the screen than some SF pulling indigenous peoples teeth or improving the sanitation of a guerrilla camp. I doubt Hollywood even knows about the PJs.

Military Veteran

Posted On:
    1/11/2004 9:05am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     The POW Network Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Morning (Sunday 11 Jan),
    I'll be on and off the board for the next few days, trying to answer some of your questions about the SEAL Teams, SEAL imposters, and the problems with imposters in the martial arts world.

Let me start by addressing the comments about the DATABASE.

It was originated by a fellow SEAL... a man who initially started out to make a contact list of his own training classmates, along with the names of the men who'd been in the classes immediately ahead and behind him in training... effectively those were the men with whom he spent most of his time while in the SEAL Teams.

He got a bit carried away, and kept adding names and class date... and after nearly 10 years and over $50,000 out of his pocket (phone bills, mailing costs, fax costs, etc), he had a comprehensive database of all the men who'd ever completed SEAL training - including the names and training information for men of the various units that preceeded the SEALs and from whom the initial members of the SEAL Teams were drafted (Naval Amphibious Scouts & Raiders, Naval Combat Demolition Units, and Underwater Demolition Teams).

That database continues to be updated everytime a new class graduates from training in Coronado, California. It is acknowledged by both the UDT-SEAL Association and the US Navy as the most complete and comprehensive such list in existence... better than the data the US Navy has because they actually destroyed some of their old files back in the '50s, '60s, and '70s to make room for new stuff... in the days before computer storage.

That list is used by a couple or three different groups in their efforts to verify or deny claims of military service as a US Navy SEAL... to weed out the wannabes and phonies. It will NEVER be made public as it contains too much 'sensitive' information. Additionally, you can only imagine what would happen if it was put on a web site somewhere.

The minute it was available, some 13-year old would hack the site, download the list, add his name and the names of all his video gaming buddies, then upload the list back to the site... "just for kicks". The risk of 'pollution' is far too great to make the list public.

Additionally, in the current environment of international terrorist threats, the names of REAL SEALs are not things that need to be floating around in cyberspace or in the hands of hostile individuals. Both they and their families would then become prime targets.

Make sense?

Now... I'll shut up for a bit and let folks ask some questions.
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
    -UDT-SEAL Association - Member
    -POW Network Board of Directors
    -Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    -Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    -FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    -CyberSEALs.org - Webmaster
    -Author - NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2004 9:42am

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i somehow doubt he's getting a "STFU"

Military Veteran

Posted On:
    1/11/2004 11:14am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     The POW Network Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Environments...

Originally posted by punchingdummy

I'm sure the guys in SF, Force Recon and the PJs are pretty comfortable in any envionment as well.

The term "SEAL" is a fully capitalize acronym for the three environments within which the men are trained to operate (SEa, Air, Land). While men with other branches of the US armed forces are trained as 'elite' members of various Special Operations Forces (Army SF, USMC Force Reconnaissance, AF PJs), and some members of each of those SOF units are trained in 'other environments' (water), none of them have a 100% training in anything outside their own area of specialization.

So... USMC Force Recon DOES have some guys who are trained in SCUBA... but not ALL of them are. AF PJs are trained to enable them to retrieve downed airmen in a water environment, but they don't have a lot of additional 'frogman' training (including things like extensive explosives/boobytrap training for land warfare). The Army SF units have a few men on each team who are marginally capable of making use of a water environment, but not ALL of them are.

So... you get the picture. While there are a few members of those other units who can operate outside their normal parameters, the SEALs are the ones who are fully trained to operate in ALL of them... especially the water.

The sea is mother, the sea is home... in anything goes wrong, get to the sea!
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
    -UDT-SEAL Association - Member
    -POW Network Board of Directors
    -Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    -Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    -FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    -CyberSEALs.org - Webmaster
    -Author - NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast