Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 5:40pm

Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent article Mr. Browning. I wonder if theres a database where civilians can look up this information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 5:44pm

Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by joen00b
    Actually, I believe the Database is open to the public. It simply confirms that a specific name was a member of the SEAL training. It doesn't go into specific years of duty or missions, it just lists their name for the public. What the URL is, I'm unsure of, but it is available to the public.
    If you ever get it send me a link to it OK? I have a training partner who claims to be a former SEAL and I just want to be sure. Hes in extraordinary condition and is HELL in a fight, but I don't think you can ever be too cautious. Not that it would change anything but it will confirm integrity or lack thereof.

Sincerely,

Ken

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 6:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, SB! Looking into it!
  4. joen00b

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 6:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've sent an email to the Navmil website folks to see if this is a list that is open to the public. I know they are very protective of their name, and as the subject of this thread states, they are into debunking the fakes.

I used to work with a guy that claimed to be a Navy SEAL, he was about as intimidating as a Krispy Kreme donut. I got into his face a few times, any self respecting SEAL would have dropped me like a sack of potatoes, but he seemed scared. Ah well, if that database is available to the public like I believe it is,, I'm gonna check for his name too.

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The number of people in the martial arts, law enforcement, etc. who claim military/special forces/CIA experience and don't have it is frightening. So many of these claims are hard to verify unless you have good knowledge of the unit's structure. As a general rule, people who know the least talk the most and the people who know the most won't say anything. As I like to say: The more their story sounds like a Tom Clancy novel the faster you should run away.

What's even scarier is that you really need to question the mental stability of people claiming pasts they don't have.
    Last edited by katana; 1/09/2004 7:11pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 7:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo-Goju Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i never understood why people with legitmate military backgrounds would lie about thier involement with special forces, cant they just be proud they served?
    16 years till retirement.

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 10:03pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The data base itself is not secret but it is not open, basically its a limited authorization type system which can be accessed through a middle person. The list of 10,000 names (It's that large because it also includes frogman names from UDT units) was originally put together by consulting people from each graduating Seal and UDT training class and by consulting graduation day programs which were unclassified. There appear to be about 15 or 20 copies of this database in existance which gets updated now whenever a new class graduates. To access it you fill in a form obtainable at http://www.authentiseal.org/report.htm providing the full name of the claiment, their middle initial if possible, and any other information like date they served, team they served with ect. they can then narrow down the list to a yes no answer, or a couple possibilities that can be eliminated with some more information.

To attempt to answer BC's question SEALS appear to get ripped off the most because the entertainment industry made them the flavor of the month. I haven't figured why they are more sexy then the Green Berets but they apparently are.

Rolls With Sweaty Men!

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 10:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Hollywood just loves the idea of them coming out of the water, being able to operate in ANY enviorment.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: "Doorgunner fu"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is great is that there has never been a SEAL that has EVER lied to get a woman into bed.

Yeah ok pot....kettle......black---something like that.

I remember something about a BUDS instructor going to a students house and propostitioning the wife with promises about making sure her husband made it through BUDS. While Im at it I how about the frog at 18d course in Texas who was talking to a pretty girl at a bar and in trying to impress her and whipped out his beautiful spyderco knife to show her his "kill" move... It was pretty effective as he made a lasting impression--on the side of her face.

I think someone has too much time on their hands to worry this much.

For the record if anyone wants to say they are a Pilot, a Ranger, or a Marine recon guy because they think it might get them laid you have my blessings

I hope it works for you better than it has for me
    Last edited by Clang; 1/10/2004 1:21am at .
    Clang

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 3:21am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To long of a post for me to read

I have long posts
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast