Style: 
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:08pm

forum leader

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Brown View Post
    Why? Makes sense to me.
    Nobody is saying kill them, they're just calling them out on their bullshit. Christians and Muslims get called out on bullshit all the time, without the need to kill them. Reasonable people see the bullshit responses and think, "you know what, that's some ole bullshit".

And if someone is running around telling people that they can block a punch with chi, I'm definitely going to want to test it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Style: 
    DT Instructor
    New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:23pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Nobody is saying kill them, they're just calling them out on their bullshit. Christians and Muslims get called out on bullshit all the time, without the need to kill them. Reasonable people see the bullshit responses and think, "you know what, that's some ole bullshit".

And if someone is running around telling people that they can block a punch with chi, I'm definitely going to want to test it.

So, you are sort of like that Bobby Joe Blythe guy. If some obviously mentally unstable person claims that he can take you with his Kung Fu, you will feel the need to beat him unconscious and throw him in a dumpster. You showed him. Good for you, man.

Registered Member

Style: 
    DT Instructor

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:27pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Why bump an old ass thread when you didn't bother to find out the particulars?

See above and right back at you.
    I really don't get your reasoning. I came across a strange thread about weird Yellow Bamboo people while browsing videos. The last post in the thread occurred about a year and a half ago. However, I just saw the thread for the first time. I had some thoughts that I wanted to add. So, where exactly is the problem?

Hey, we talked about this a year and a half ago. We can't talk about it again today. I don't care whether or not you might have a new persepective to add. The fact is, we talked about this a year and a half ago, so you must keep quiet about it now.

Really? OK. You're the mod. If that's how you want things run, fine.

Style: 
    Siling Labuyo Arnis

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These people are some sort of strange religious cult. They aren't really teaching some martial art. They believe that they can harness some sort of mystical power. Cool. Let them be. I don't have to prove whether or not there is a Heaven and Hell by killing Christians and Muslims. "See, I told you so." Come on, man. Let the cult weirdos be weirdos. If one of them tells me that they can repel my attack with their chi ball, I'll say "cool," and move along. I don't have to punch him in his face to prove that he is wrong.
    Then don't. See how easy that was? And it's not a cult - it's a Balinese scam for gullible tourists. Find the youtube vids of the actual Yellow Bamboo guys, running down the beach and flinging themselves in the air when the tourists gesture at them. I expect there's one or two among them who *really* believe, but otherwise, they take the money, laugh, and wait for the next tour group.

Anyone going away from that thinking that they have developed some sort of mystical power is going to find out in tragic fashion that those powers don't work, without someone else's prior intervention.

Style: 
    Siling Labuyo Arnis

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:39pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, you are sort of like that Bobby Joe Blythe guy. If some obviously mentally unstable person claims that he can take you with his Kung Fu, you will feel the need to beat him unconscious and throw him in a dumpster. You showed him. Good for you, man.
    Did your Hyperbole Drive get stuck at full throttle or something?

Style: 
    Siling Labuyo Arnis

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:40pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Style: 
    DT Instructor

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 11:22pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    It might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it makes my point. There's no need to beat up delusional people just to prove that they are delusional. It does nothing more than make you feel a little bit better about yourself. You can go on and on about how you are protecting martial arts from fraud. In reality, you're just beating up some guy whom you knew you could beat up from the get go. What's the point in that? If some Yellow Bamboo guy put his hands on you, that'd be one thing. If some Yellow Babmboo guy tells you that he has magical powers and amazing abilities, who cares? You can go have a steak and a beer and laugh at him; without running at him (or her) with a clothes line.

:)

Style: 
    Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 3:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it makes my point. There's no need to beat up delusional people just to prove that they are delusional. It does nothing more than make you feel a little bit better about yourself. You can go on and on about how you are protecting martial arts from fraud. In reality, you're just beating up some guy whom you knew you could beat up from the get go. What's the point in that? If some Yellow Bamboo guy put his hands on you, that'd be one thing. If some Yellow Babmboo guy tells you that he has magical powers and amazing abilities, who cares? You can go have a steak and a beer and laugh at him; without running at him (or her) with a clothes line.
    I too, refrain from this behavior in less surreal settings. I must, however, admit I find it hilarious in this one.

Come at me bro * * * * BINK...

Not that I'd....but damn that's funny. Tragic and sad, yet beautiful in an obtuse way. :) Let it be a lesson, and let's hope it snapped some of the marks out of the delusion. That **** is silly.

Welterweight

Style: 
    Taiji/Hsingyi

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 7:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone is delusional enough to offer to stand there and take a hit because they don't believe you can hit them the likelihood of being able to talk them round is low.
    A demonstration to the contrary on the other hand..difficult to argue against when the painful reality lands.

I would be deeply uncomfortable doing it tho and would have to do a lot of 'cruel to be kind' mantra recitation beforehand. But I'm a softy.

Administrator

Style: 
    xingyi

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 9:29am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, it has nothing to do with Soap-Box Sally's "leave Brittney Alone" rant.

Yellow Bamboo took up the JREF challenge, CLAIMED they passed and then stated Randi reneged on his deal. They went on various forums "spreading the word" of their beliefs, accepting challenges and basically started calling the JREF Org liars and frauds. Like I said earlier, before butt-hurt Billy bumped the thread, go find out the particulars of a FOUR YEAR OLD VIDEO before whining about "waaaaah they are delusional!"

I too, refrain from this behavior in less surreal settings.
    States the guy who sparred a delusional chunner.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast