Posted On:
    3/24/2009 10:43pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do protein????

**** you, El Macho.

Okay, so I want to get back to lifting and in general not withering away. No, seriously, I lost 25lbs in the past year and my appetite is zilch now. A muffin and an apple is enough to get me through a regular, non-active, day. Yes, I'm going to see a doctor about it.

In any case, I never did like food in the first place and breakfast is the hardest meal. I can eat fruit and something like said muffin, but I know that isn't good nutrition since there ain't no protein there. So I figure I'll just buy protein powder instead of having to deal with chewing.

What kind? I see my good friend Whey and now there is fucking Casein? Who the hell ordered that ****? But, since I don't intend to be a body builder or lift real heavy, and my meals are few and far in between, I think that having some protein in my system all the time is preferable to just having a spike in the morning and then going down to nothing again. Have I hyped-up over-marketed t3h c0rr3ct here? They are pretty much the same price, too, so I don't immediately smell bullshit, either.

Oh, and when's the best time to do general stretching?

is badder than you

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/24/2009 11:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm curious as to where you're finding casein for the same price as whey. ON 100% Casein carries a hefty surcharge over their 100% Whey, and Anabolic Drive is even more overpriced.

Cheapest casein I've found is TrueProtein milk protein isolate (the protein in milk is 80% casein and 20% whey). That said, it doesn't taste great or mix very well, so if you have appetite problems and aren't going to be going through tons of the stuff, you could spring for TP instantized micellar casein or the aforementioned Optimum Nutrition casein.

Or, since you're probably short on fat and carbohydrates too, maybe you could just buy a jug of milk and sip on it throughout the day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/24/2009 11:11pm

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need food, protein powder is a supplement not a replacement for food.

So you don't like chewing? Eat some congee? Soups? Nothing like real food for your nutrients.

I would personally prefer real food any day over my protein shakes, mine taste like ass garnished with diarrhea and looks it too.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    3/25/2009 1:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, but it literally washes down my throat vs. me having to chew it and realize that ****, it just ain't going to go down my throat. It's like a clogged toilet. Takes me 10 minutes to eat a slice of bread with cheese, just because it takes me so long before I can swallow a damn bite. And yeah, I understand real food is better, but I figure this is at least better than nothing at all.

My mistake, the two prices aren't equal, just that the Casein is on sale or something, apparently.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/cas.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

I used to do the milk thing, and will actually mix the protein with milk, but I get tired of it after a while. Plus, I have to drink a lot of it, giving me that feeling as if my stomach was a water balloon.

I'm pretty sure I get most of the nutrients I need from regular foods if I make sure to eat real meals later in the day (which I do, even if in small quantities), but breakfast is a killer. I love my veggies and fruits, complex/whole/hippy grains, and real meat, though. I don't plan to survive only one the protein powder, I just want it to give me a bit of a boost in the morning, when my stomach is too stupid to realize that if I don't eat something, it will have to eat itself.

The gift that keeps on giving

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    3/25/2009 1:55am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eat your fucking breakfast, scared of bacon or something?

Seriously, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so lose your dinner if you have to. I can't stand eating a bunch of food and then going to sleep at night.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    3/25/2009 2:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's an amazing feeling, actually. Nothing more I like to do after a good meal than nothing. But I can't eat breakfast. My throat is just not producing saliva and my stomach is still on strike, so I really can't down anything. So I'm at least trying to make up for it somehow. Believe me, I'd rather just be able to eat a decent meal.

Also, how come I'm not displayed as staff on here? Is it cuz the merger ain't cometh yet?

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/25/2009 2:28am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try porridge for breakfast. No chewing really, and lots of good slow burn carbs. Make it with full fat milk and you get some protein as well. When ever I have porridge I also load it up with raisins and chopped up fruit which will also help with getting some more calories in you.

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/25/2009 3:29am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can kinda relate as i have problems eating in the the morning (just takes a while for my metabolism to wake up) somedays i just have a protein shake as i have no appetite early in the morning, its always been a struggle for some reason.

Saying that, I'm a fairly big fucker and dont have a problem with my appetite during the rest of the day.

The gift that keeps on giving

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    3/25/2009 3:32am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops View Post
    Also, how come I'm not displayed as staff on here? Is it cuz the merger ain't cometh yet?
    No. Save your questions for a PM, moron.

Welterweight

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/25/2009 7:16am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Optimum Nutrition VANILLA casein mixes pretty well with whole milk and because of the whole milk it kind of tastes like ice cream.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you can get some of their greek yogurt which has about 24 grams of protein per serving if you buy the right one. The 2% two serving container. Or the Fage 2% which has seventeen grams per serving.

Barring that you could wander around a zoo until you see a tiger on the loose and wrestle it to death even if it doesn't want to wrestle. You get exercise and lots of meat for free.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast