--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

how long do you think it will take to get a mma fight?

if you train 7 days a week including getting in shape and your an average fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrmnc View Post
    if you train 7 days a week including getting in shape and your an average fighter
    Ask your coach.

you can have no experience and get an mma fight.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, you could get a fight today if you wanted. Promoters are always looking for opponents. Now, if you are ready to fight right now is another issue.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a year or two should be okay.

You might want to take a day off though. Like do 6 days a week.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    7 days a week and you better be on glutamine at the very least. I know the first 6 months or so, I felt like I was always in pain from training, that eventually goes away heh.
    Honestly though? I'd say do a year in an MMA gym, or 6 months, and film your loss and then go back to the drawing board.
    It's easy to just 'take a fight' the hard part is making it into the gym every friggin day.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

where are you?

where are you located? I am a promoter, we have bouts this may! would that interest you?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrmnc View Post
    1 day. Go to a bar, punch a guy in the face, then try and go for the takedown.

Problem solved!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rev.jc View Post
    where are you located? I am a promoter, we have bouts this may! would that interest you?

As you can see, getting the fight isn't the hard part.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite View Post
    As you can see, getting the fight isn't the hard part.
    To give him credit, i genuinely do think he meant how long would it take him to get to a respectable standard in order to fight an MMA fight without being mashed.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by han090 View Post
    To give him credit, i genuinely do think he meant how long would it take him to get to a respectable standard in order to fight an MMA fight without being mashed.
    Trying to work 7 days a week, that'd probably be forever.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris