Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/18/2009 8:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

YMAS version: Douvris Martial Arts and Fitness Centers - McDojo(s) in Ottawa, Canada

i don't believe you...i'm sorry; i don't. i attend classes at douvris, the location you are referring to. i think that they teach effectively & efficiently...and if you don't, well that's your loss. and since i know the two brothers that own the place; i really doubt that they would use that language towards you and call you a traitor. i was almost going to quit, and i asked if i could get my money back. and they were very nice about it, i won't go into detail, but they sure as hell weren't rude to me. YOU are bullshido.

Posted On:
    3/20/2009 7:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but to try and state it as fact and bash in a certain school is completely juvenile. Douvris is an amazing school and teaches point fighting on top of self defense. There is a big difference in someone mastering the art of point fighting and that of bashing peoples brains in a cage. You can't compare the two. If you enjoy doing the latter than good for you, but if you would rather train on other aspects of the art there is nothing wrong with that.

Posted On:
    3/20/2009 8:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    absolutely. i think there is more than one way to do things. some of us choose hardcore traditional karate; some choose otherwise. either way; you have no right to say things about people who chose a different way than you do. some things i was offended by were the whole "mcdojo" thing, "john douvris never got a blackbelt" (WT*???), calling it a "game of tag", flashy and not useful, and also that douvris students would not be able to defend themselves in a fight. how do you know this? have fought the entire douvris club? no, obviously not. of course, people are entitled to their own opinion, but you are just plain closed-minded and judgemental, especially if you've never even tried this method yourselves. i know i'm making myself a target, but honestly, i don't give a sh*t what you losers think. :new_smile

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/21/2009 3:37pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkliikarate View Post
    absolutely. i think there is more than one way to do things. some of us choose hardcore traditional karate; some choose otherwise. either way; you have no right to say things about people who chose a different way than you do. some things i was offended by were the whole "mcdojo" thing, "john douvris never got a blackbelt" (WT*???), calling it a "game of tag", flashy and not useful, and also that douvris students would not be able to defend themselves in a fight. how do you know this? have fought the entire douvris club? no, obviously not. of course, people are entitled to their own opinion, but you are just plain closed-minded and judgemental, especially if you've never even tried this method yourselves. i know i'm making myself a target, but honestly, i don't give a sh*t what you losers think. :new_smile

odd that you care so little what people here think, yet you dredge up a dead thread to express your opinion on how everyone else is wrong. If you actually care so little, don't post. Hard concept to grasp, for some, you know like folks who think point sparring is hardcore traditional karate.

Posted On:
    3/21/2009 4:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hm. ok, so maybe i was too complex for your small mind...=P lol. obviously i do care and i'm upset...=D

Posted On:
    3/21/2009 5:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm...and while i'm at it; you sound like one of those internet people who think they can outsmart everybody.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    3/21/2009 6:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm...and while i'm at it; you sound like one of those internet people who think they can outsmart everybody.
    Your post: 03-18-2009, 07:38 PM
    The post before it: 08-05-2008, 12:11 AM
    Two posts before that: 04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
    And a post before that: 12-31-2007, 07:02 PM

Meaning that this thread has basically been dead for fifteen months. And you went and brought it back to life.

---

Now, having established that, you have three choices.

1) Stop posting altogether.
    2) Rethink your approach and start providing this thread with worthwhile information.
    3) Keep posting the same crap you're posting right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Posted On:
    3/21/2009 7:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok...sorry...but i was just defending my method because everyone was insulting it. what's the matter with that? and ok, so it was dead for like a year. what difference does that make to you?

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/21/2009 8:52pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not everybody, just the morons. Luckily for me, there are so many.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2009 9:59pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok...sorry...but i was just defending my method because everyone was insulting it. what's the matter with that? and ok, so it was dead for like a year. what difference does that make to you?

Everyone, eh? You immediately came on here expecting to be pounced upon and being mightily defensing right on your first post as if you expected a confrontation. What you have seen here so far, hasn't.

• Go to newbie town, post a bit, familiarize yourself and then post stuff in other places.
    • raising dead horses from the crypt so that it can be beaten again doesn't help your cause.
    • Ignore Gerry M's posts and accusations -- if you familiarize yourself you'll find he really wasn't who he was pretending to be and after that came out, anything he said about Douvris wasn't worth a damn.
    • McDojo doesn't mean bad things, though it may indicate it. Even good school owners have to make a living, so McDojo != Shitfest in general though McDojoism is often associated with less than stellar things..
    • Point Sparring != Effective Self defense. You rise to the level you train, not that you can theoretically do. In general, the point sparring taught is not even continuous sparring, which leads to really really bad habits self defense-wise.
    • Having a ninja store doesn't mean bullshit either, it's just very funny (and sad).
    • The other thing I may consider bullshido is where there Karate certs came from, but I'm not going to claim bullshit 'cause I don't know and that never actually came out in this thread, so IMHO there is no real proof of bullshido.
    • Hard core karate is like Kyokushin, not Douvris which is watered down soccer-mom friendly karate. If you are a hard core karate person, you should know the difference.
    • Yes, I have been to Douvris myself and I got in really really good shape, and that's the extent of the good things I have to say.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast