Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread: Palm strike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the wonderful thing about the palm strike to the chin/nose/forehead, on an upright opponent is that it gets his head back ,breaking his balance making any throw a lot easier to accomplish
    16 years till retirement.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget driving the nose bone into the brain !!!!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAH !!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget driving the nose bone into the brain !!!!!!!!
    There was a goth chick that I knew a few years ago who would brag about how she had almost killed 2 people. Considered herself a deadly weapon of sorts. How did she do it?

She hit 2 women in the nose with a palm heel, Almost driving the bone into their brain :rolleyes:

CLM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like palm striks too. Especially to the ear and chin etc. One concern I have that may be just theoretical is the fact the the median nerve is located in approximatly the same area. It is deeply buried. However I saw a patient one who fell on a piece of glass and severed the nerve resulting in some very significant disability to his hand. I wonder if you went to strike someone in the nose and their mouth was open whether you could strike their upper incisors instead resulting in a cut. I have never seen that and it just a theoretical concern. The median nerve feeds a majority of the intrinsic muscles of the hand including the thumb. Destruction of that nerve could result in the person becoming significantly impaired in grasping objects, tight grip etc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm other than the double slap to the ears cliché the only thing I can think of is a double palm strike to the head to break the jaw. One palm hits the side of the jaw while the other hits the side of the head.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How aboutr a double palm strike to lung points....The way I understand these they are just up and to the outside on the pectoral muscle almost where the shoulder joins the chest... I think this is a strong strike combination (both don't hit exactly the same time)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double anythings are always risky.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The advantage of palm strikes over punching is that you are less likely to injure your hand.
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Page 4 of 4 First 1234