Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 11:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc

I had posted a question to Omega about it, but hadn't seen the response, so I will ask you:

in and around the 2:00 mark, your opponent was pressing you pretty hard and you exhibited some nice upper body movement and defense. Did you come into Omega's camp with that or was that something he installed and drilled into you?

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just saying, judging by how you didn't clinch and kept trying kicks that maybe your skill base isn't in the grappling area. I don't know what you've trained in, sorry for trying to be helpful.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 12:20pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to qualify my opinion by first saying that Sirc gets kudos for committing to a fight, showing up, and getting in the ring. That means something. And those of you whove never been in a ring, cage, wrestling mat with kicks and punches wouldn't understand.

Its high pressure for sure but Sirc looked like he was just too afraid to mix it up. To his credit, yeah, it was a really bad matchup and he wasn't supposed to fight this guy to begin with but hey, I wouldn't be yelling at someone for pointing out really obvious but I still didn't do. I know its super duper high pressure and there are all these reasons you didn't commit, but really, wasn't that one of the best ways to win? At least you'd have found out if you could beat him on the ground or not. The way it went I don't think you got to show your full potential (durrr)

If I was the one who fucked up, to me, thats time to just listen. Just because I've been in the ring once doesn't give me the right to tell people they don't got the right to criticize, or that certain criticism is stupid. $0.02. But thats just me.

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 12:25pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I'm going to qualify my opinion by first saying that Sirc gets kudos for committing to a fight, showing up, and getting in the ring. That means something. And those of you whove never been in a ring, cage, wrestling mat with kicks and punches wouldn't understand.

Its high pressure for sure but Sirc looked like he was just too afraid to mix it up. To his credit, yeah, it was a really bad matchup and he wasn't supposed to fight this guy to begin with but hey, I wouldn't be yelling at someone for pointing out really obvious but I still didn't do. I know its super duper high pressure and there are all these reasons you didn't commit, but really, wasn't that one of the best ways to win? At least you'd have found out if you could beat him on the ground or not. The way it went I don't think you got to show your full potential (durrr)

If I was the one who fucked up, to me, thats time to just listen. Just because I've been in the ring once doesn't give me the right to tell people they don't got the right to criticize, or that certain criticism is stupid. $0.02. But thats just me.
    ...are you high?

Edit: For something actually relevant to the topic, I think Sirc could have taken him on his feet if he had capitalized on the couple of times Ramirez swung big and missed big. I dare say, the boy is elusive.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Sirc

I had posted a question to Omega about it, but hadn't seen the response, so I will ask you:

in and around the 2:00 mark, your opponent was pressing you pretty hard and you exhibited some nice upper body movement and defense. Did you come into Omega's camp with that or was that something he installed and drilled into you?
    A little bit of both. I had already been working on it by myself, but Omega drilled it into me and improved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    I'm just saying, judging by how you didn't clinch and kept trying kicks that maybe your skill base isn't in the grappling area. I don't know what you've trained in, sorry for trying to be helpful.
    Yes, and I am saying, that kind of obvious statement is really socially unacceptable. Please untie your panties and don't go getting yourself all sad because I was being a big meanie to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post

What are you on about?

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 12:44pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props to Zap and Sirc.

Looking forward to seeing Zap fight under a less restrictive ruleset and sirc fight at his real fight weight (135lbs?). No need to point out what Sirc did wrong guys, fighters know exactly what they did wrong after a fight and sometimes even during it while they're making the error. First fights are an adrenaline dump from hell.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 12:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    A little bit of both. I had already been working on it by myself, but Omega drilled it into me and improved it.
    Thanks. It is obvious that he worked with you on it and it is actually a difficult habit to pick-up and keep. I liked it.

Now, are you still training with Omega?
    Because if you are, I have a feeling that he will be drilling you on using this strategy to keep luring them in, like you did, but then unleash some offense.
    I *think* he alluded to this (not wanting to speak for him) with his "Sirc letting his hands go" comment. If you can cover up, keep that side to side motion, slip the punches or take arm punches like you did, get them to wade in, like your opponent did, you *should* be able to start catching them with some shots and work your offense. Just from your older TD videos and this video, your time with Omega seems well-spent.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Thanks. It is obvious that he worked with you on it and it is actually a difficult habit to pick-up and keep. I liked it.

Now, are you still training with Omega?
    Because if you are, I have a feeling that he will be drilling you on using this strategy to keep luring them in, like you did, but then unleash some offense.
    I *think* he alluded to this (not wanting to speak for him) with his "Sirc letting his hands go" comment. If you can cover up, keep that side to side motion, slip the punches or take arm punches like you did, get them to wade in, like your opponent did, you *should* be able to start catching them with some shots and work your offense. Just from your older TD videos and this video, your time with Omega seems well-spent.
    Yeah, I'm tryign to figure out a way to move and live in SB right now.

If you watch the video, there are times that I got to beat him up, but whatever mental block I had didn't let me do it. :(

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 1:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Yeah, I'm tryign to figure out a way to move and live in SB right now.
    You are being given an opportunity most people on this board would choke a family member for.
    What you do with that opportunity is up to you.

If you watch the video, there are times that I got to beat him up, but whatever mental block I had didn't let me do it. :(
    First off, most people don't like getting in the position you allowed yourself to be in at the 2 min-ish mark, most fights I've seen the guy will circle out or take it to the ground or clinch.

But you controlled the situation by slipping and taking armshots. If you can get the guy to wade in like that, he will be exposed and open and you *should* be able to land at least one shot. Your mental block was *probably* your focusing on defense...which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but the more time you spend working your style, the more comfortable you will be with knowing when you can let your hands go.

Omega will tell you what you did wrong and what to do next time. The guy is a former pro and there probably isn't too many things he hasn't seen, tried, done, seen done, had done to him, tried to have done to him, etc. and at this point he probably knows your strengths/weaknesses better then you.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    9/09/2009 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For everyone commenting on Sirc's...whatever, He said his plan was to tire homeboy out, then swoop in like cocks to jenna jameson.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey