Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2009 7:28pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Allie Alberigo and Long. Island Ninjutsu

A thread in Newbietown on Allie Alberigo and his Long Island Ninjutsu Center has taken an interesting turn. Some rather specific questions about Mr. Alberigo's background and claimed qualifications are being looked into and Mr. Alberigo has been posting himself.

Here is the thread
    Long Island Ninjitsu Centers - No BS Martial Arts

Mr. Alberigo's school website can be found at

http://www.lininja.com

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 1:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok just read that monstrosity of a thread... I must love you guys to subject myself to these things. I have a couple of comments.

1) It might be relevant to consider that mr Ali is not the first of Tanemora's people to defect at this level. I remember that Jessie Shanks... another high level guy who I had some sxperiences with in Balto and would have been right up there with Ali, apparently defected. When I knew Jessie nothing would have removed him from Tanemora's side.

The question always is why? and I say this because the money, time and effort spent supporting another teacher's agenda and sponsorship can be relevant to what someone should be able to claim.

2) So Fitz thinks a disclaimer is ethically mandatory here: It is probably a good thing to do. It is relevant when someone splits and the time spent to update is a poor excuse not too.

Having said that it does not make Ali a fraud to claim to teach the material from Genbukan...he is entitled to teach anything he learned from Tanemura once hs delcares that he is not a card carrying member.

Thats my feeling. I teach the bju material even though like Shinbushi I pick and choose the material I teach. For example, there is no reason I can think of to initiate a standing wrist lock it is indeed as said low percentage and it ties me up as much as the uke! But that is an opinion and one that I feel I can exerscize because I teach what I believe works and not the Buj flavor of the month.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 11:52pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based upon his posting in the Newbietown Thread it appears that the attention on Mr. Alberigo and his school had the intended effect: he changed his website to reflect what he is currently teaching, clearly stated he is no longer affiliated with Mr. Tanemura and is no longer using any of Mr. Tanemura's copyrighted images or logos.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 4:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: 21st Century Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Based upon his posting in the Newbietown Thread it appears that the attention on Mr. Alberigo and his school had the intended effect: he changed his website to reflect what he is currently teaching, clearly stated he is no longer affiliated with Mr. Tanemura and is no longer using any of Mr. Tanemura's copyrighted images or logos.
    This is not the case and why it was done. I have no reason to remove photo's of myself wearing patches, when I was training in the Genbukan. The idea of me changing my site had absolutely nothing to do with posts on this site or comments from anyone. Really as I had stated the site was supposed to have been updated months ago. Sometimes things take a bit longer then intended.

As I had stated, I chose not to be affiliated for many different reasons, some public, some not, but most of all the real goal was to give my students the best and absolutely honest training environment.

Allie Alberigo
    Www.Lininja.com
    www.takingitothenextlevel.com
    www.atouchofzen.com
    www.Ninjamarketingtactics.com
    www.21stcenturyninjutus.com