X

Posted On:
    1/10/2004 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by IronBuddha
    It's just K-1 protecting their darling big boy for a bigger payout later.

Kimo wanted to KO Sapp....pretty obviously. So it wasnt' fixed. Just officials manipulating the rules to help one fighter out.
    = Same ****, different name...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2004 6:24pm

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is Kimo took the fight on less then 2 weeks notice. Kimo also doesn't really have any striking skills.

K-1 thought Kimo would be over powered and out matched by Sapp.

I guarentee they thought he'd get KOed in a dramatic fashion and and build Sapp to be some giant of a killer.

If you notice they never mention Sapp's embarrasing Loss to Mirko Cro-crop (who is around 130-150lbs lighter then him). There was only a quick piece of text showing his record and loss.

K-1 didn't realize that Sapp has a glass jaw, and Kimo may not have technique but he can hit hard.

Everyone else notice how when Sapp goes down you can watch the ref count up to 8 and then the camera pans away and the fight doesn't start till like 7 seconds later.

Then between rounds the doctor mysteriously interveins giving Sapp even more time to recover.

Then Kimo gets knocked down and throws his mouth guard out. (looked like Tysons last boxing fight againt that Rhino guy).

I have a friend who was at the fight live. He said Sapp got the whole audience booing at his Antics. That K-1 event ruined its repuation in America. I personally won't even buy another K-1 PPV. They don't treat the sport with respect. All they care about it money (which isn't a problem imo but they should do things to hurt the sports repuation).

Posted On:
    1/12/2004 12:17am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "= Same ****, different name... "

Totally agree......

I think the only fix clown fights like Sapp......can't have him have a losing record
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    1/12/2004 12:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can you say that!
    He beat a sumo wrestler !!
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2004 12:55am

Style: stand up,clinch,ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K1 is becoming WWE
    fortunately they still have top contenders in real fights

sapp is huge in japan so marketing wise it makes sense

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2004 1:47am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What really chaps my ass is that they keep real, quality fighters like cybil abidi, musashi, and remy bonjaski and these guys put out quality bouts.. i mean, who doesn't love to see remy flying through the air throwing some crazy-ass kick and ko'ing some poor, unsuspecting schmoe?? and while they keep these quality fighters they bring clowns in to fight.. like bob sapp and mike tyson and akebono.. these guys have no business in a kickboxing tourney. I remember when I first started getting in to Muay Thai and thinking that the K-1 is the way to go. Now, I see that i have to set my sights on a different goal and wait around for something worth while. I spoke with my good freind Dennis Alexio on the subject, and he thinks the K-1 is a joke. I didn't share that opinion before, now I absolutely do. Too bad for them, no more of my money gets flushed down the proverbial drain.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/17/2004 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah that fight was a sad sad joke. K-1 is going down the toilet and whats worse is that it has some quality fighters like Bonjasky, Carter, McDonald etc who are gonna get dragged down by it.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/17/2004 5:56pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is SO SAD!!! K-1 used to be my favorite and now it is just turning it into some dumbass WWE!

But what do everyone think of K-1 Max? Will it go down drain with K-1?
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12