Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 11:09am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait let me spend a couple of grand to fly out to California. Let's be for real. If this kind of drivel has to be posted then you have got problems.

If whatever y'all are doing down there is legit then it will be real easy to put guys in local MMA matches and prove the system and training philosophy. Issuing challenges over the forum is ridiculous. It shows a lot about the gym.

If someone is in the area and can go check out the gym please do so. Go train with them and give a write up.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 11:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone see the pic of the ninja study-at-home-guy on Omerbegovitch's website. I thought it was a goof.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think there is anywhere to go train at. All of this guys stuff is on line certs. I don't think he has a physical school. All of his pics are of him with some home boys in his garage or back yard.

Since he alleges to teach MMA and BJJ, what are his competition records?

He has none. He has no lineage to teach the CMA stuff that he is trying to allege. But either way, why would we need to send an e-mail to his private e-mail when he can post on here on a public board?

Bullshido has pretty strick rules about calling someone out. However, I call bullshit and think that PunchingPower is actually just a pretty good troll.

How about in stead of me flying to Cali to fight, you fly Mike to Florida. I will fight him.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 11:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post

Bullshido has pretty strick rules about calling someone out. However, I call bullshit and think that PunchingPower is actually just a pretty good troll.
    Exactly.

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 12:17pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchingPower View Post
    There were no messages in the IMMAA inbox this morning. So much tough talk, but no one tough enough! I guess I'm not surprissed that you girly-boys wouldn't step up and let Mike put his fist where your mouth is.

Until then, keep up the trash talk and practice your xbox skills.

So we know punchingpower is a troll but...

If you are really high enough up in IMMAA that you can check their e-mail and know who is responding, then just who are you if not Mike himself?

Nobody's going to respond to a fight challenge from someone other than the source, unless you can prove you are directly representing Mike in this challenge. Once you do that, then I'm sure their will be all kinds of takers for your challenge.

I’ll throw my hat in the ring but you have to come to Seattle to pick it up. I’ll bet you’re too scared to make the trip…

…let the excuses / avoidance begin!

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 12:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Dino Bravo was dead

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he is bluffing about the e-mail address. Someone send him an e-mail and we will see if he gets the correct person.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 12:49pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spoke with Sifu Mike and he asked me to deliver this message to all the people on this forum that continue to disrespect the IMMAA and Mike Omerbegovich:

I have not disrespected Mr. Omerbegovich as far as I know, nor have I meant to. All I shall do is ask him to verify his claims. The claims to which I speak are his credentials listed here
    http://usamma.tripod.com/id34.html

I looked into a couple and they may potentially hold water. However, without any word from Mr Omerbegovich or any of his previous instructors, we can not and will not believe his claims. Mastery of a few martial arts is believable, but his laundry list is so long it bypasses unbelievable and jumps straight into ludicrous!

"Tell them I welcome any one of them to come to my studio and prove their skill. If they beat me, I will hand them all of my "meaningless" certificates. When they don’t, I will even donate one of my Home Study Certification Courses to any opponent that can even last 5 minutes (limited to the 1st 3 opponents).”
    ~ Master-Mike Omerbegovich

The issue is not ( I repeat NOT!!) about whether or not he can fight. Once again it is NOT about if he can fight! The issues are:

1. An incredibly long list of martial arts credentials that are unverified.
    2. He's giving out rankings online for martial arts that we don't know if he is qualified to give.
    2a) online rankings are BS in my opinion to begin with.

I'm also curious, this quote you provided sounds very VERY different from when Mike posted here last. Please see
    No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Mike Omerbegovich BJJ homestudy no gi...

So, if you are in the SoCal area/ Inland Empire, here’s your chance to be a hero to bullshido and back up all the smack talk. Any takers? No? Thought so. But if your crazy enough to accept the challenge, direct serious responses to immaa@inbox.com and let’s get it on.

Well I'm in the SoCal area, however I won't accept your challenge for the following reasons:
    1. I can't fight.
    2. Once again, the issue is NOT about fighting ability.

A fight will NOT resolve the issue. If Mike is NOT qualified to hand out ranks in the martial arts, then he should NOT be doing so. If he IS qualified, then he just needs to prove it and we'll be done with it. Provide credentials from an NGB, provide names of instructors, provide a history of training. It's really not that hard.

And here's a reminder of the skillset you are up against:

• Krav Maga (Israeli Military/Martial Arts)
    • Filipino Martial Arts (Arnis, Escrima, Kali-Silat)
    • Boxing
    • Muay Thai Kickboxing
    • Wrestling-MMA Takedowns
    • Submission Wrestling/Jiu-Jitsu Freestyle
    • Mixed Martial Arts (Cage Fighting)
    • Praying Mantis Kung Fu
    • Kenpo Karate/Shaolin Kempo
    • Snake & Crane Kung Fu
    • Korea Mu Sul Sa (Korean MMA)
    • Kyuktooki (Korean Kickboxing)
    • Taekwondo
    • Hapkido (Korean AikiJujitsu)
    • Mukido (Korean Weapons)
    • Hosinsul (Korean Self-Defense)
    • Yusool (Korean Jiu-jitsu)
    • Yudo (Korean Judo)
    • Jujitsu
    • Women's Self-Defense & Rape Prevention (this won't be used as it is too violent and for women)
    • American Kickboxing
    • Ninjutsu
    • Kombat Fitness
    • American Close Quarter Combat
    • Shaolin Kung Fu
    • Combat Jujitsu
    • Southeast Asian-Combatives
    • Tang Soo Do

Yeah, see that's the list I'm talking about. Can you honestly say you believe he has mastery of ALL of those arts? Be honest.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 12:59pm

Style: Uechi Ryu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a lot of uniforms. Amazing what he could accomplish in 2008 and 2009 alone. Love that he includes CPR training and fitness instructing.... where is that baking course he took?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 1:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Merged: IMMAA - Mike Omerbegovich Challenge
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast