Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11
    mrm1775's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,217
    Style
    This and that
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not that hard. Trust me. Just make sure the upper receiver you buy is already barreled. My understanding is that attaching and headspacing the barrel is just not something you want to mess around with unless you are a professional.

    Everything else just clips together. Mass production is a beautiful thing.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

  2. #12
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,358
    Style
    Dancing the Spears
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets get together, you can play with mine and get a better idea of what kind of configuration and accessories you might ultimately like to work towards.

    ---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

    PS: now is a good time to buy magazines. If anything gets banned you can bet magazines will be first

  3. #13
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,168
    Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    Lets get together, you can play with mine and get a better idea of what kind of configuration and accessories you might ultimately like to work towards.

    ---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

    PS: now is a good time to buy magazines. If anything gets banned you can bet magazines will be first
    Yeah I figured lowers would be banned then 30round mags. I already got the lower so I was looking at a 10 pack of 30 round PMAGs yesterday. Trying to get my Brother-in-law to split it with me.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,119
    Style
    Aikido,Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Went to a gun show last weekend and the prices on everything have really gotten bad. Ammo, mags, and AR15 parts (any parts) were up about %40 to %70 from a year ago. You could go to Academy and do better. Online stuff is still pretty reasonable though. It seems like fear/greed has taken over the local dealers at this time. (a brick of .22s for $38....)

  5. #15
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This might help:

    30 round AR-15 Mags for $11.


    ---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

    Also, if you want to build your own lowers, completely off the books:

    YouTube - GUN CONFISCATIONS AND HOW TO SECURE SOME WEAPONS

    Ignore the :tinfoil:

  6. #16
    vigilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,245
    Style
    Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Everyone is worried about martial law and guns being confiscated"
    lol
    Ya that's gonna happen in the US right after hockey is banned in Canada.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

  7. #17
    mrm1775's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,217
    Style
    This and that
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brownell's has awesome prices on PMAGs right now:
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...MER%20MAGAZINEThey are backordered, but Brownell's usually replenishes their stock pretty quick. I ordered four. At that price I figure its worth the wait.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

  8. #18
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,066
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Yeah I figured lowers would be banned then 30round mags. I already got the lower so I was looking at a 10 pack of 30 round PMAGs yesterday. Trying to get my Brother-in-law to split it with me.
    Yes, the government specifically wants your lower receiver. Be afraid, be very afraid!

    I've been wanting to build an AR-10 for a while. Sold my AR-15 a couple months ago. Decided I wanted to stick with .308 only. Got my eye on an HK417 as well, and am totally willing to go with an already assembled rifle if I can find a civilian model. We're talking about an AR style rifle that's as durable and reliable as an AK here...
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boynton
    Posts
    507
    Style
    Krav Maga/ Judo noob
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    Yes, the government specifically wants your lower receiver. Be afraid, be very afraid!

    I've been wanting to build an AR-10 for a while. Sold my AR-15 a couple months ago. Decided I wanted to stick with .308 only. Got my eye on an HK417 as well, and am totally willing to go with an already assembled rifle if I can find a civilian model. We're talking about an AR style rifle that's as durable and reliable as an AK here...
    are u looking for an H&K 41? i ask because i happen to be selling one on gunbroker.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    283
    Style
    Freestyle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if perhaps some freedom loving people are making new parts kits (less receiver of course) and covertly pumping them into the market.

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO