Posted On:
    10/02/2010 8:06am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    Nice win.

What did you break/bust/inflict pain on to take the will to fight of her ?

Thanks for sharing.
    I dunno if I broke anything, but it was basically that first switch kick at the end that made her stop fighting back.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 8:18pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's next on the fight agenda? You have to be close to turning pro.

Thanks for the tips, I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Same basic concept as pretty much any strikes really, my boxing improved really quickly when i stopped trying to hit hard. Never thought to apply it to knee strikes though.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    What's next on the fight agenda? You have to be close to turning pro.

Thanks for the tips, I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Same basic concept as pretty much any strikes really, my boxing improved really quickly when i stopped trying to hit hard. Never thought to apply it to knee strikes though.
    I dunno when I'll be fighting again, my knee injury I sustained in my last fight was really bad and it's been taking a long time to heal up though it seems to be getting to a point where I am confident enough to train regularly again. I've only been training once every other week or so since July, though, so haven't even considered when I'd try to arrange another fight. Hopefully before next summer I'll be fighting again. There are a few opponents I'd like to fight as an amateur and then once I've won a few against these tough chicks then I'll start considering my options as a pro. I'm in no rush to go professional, really, though I would like to start building up my name as I reach the peak of my abilities. I know there's still a lot for me to improve on.

Yes, the hardest strikes are all about staying loose, good posture, and explosiveness.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 1:11am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    I dunno if I broke anything, but it was basically that first switch kick at the end that made her stop fighting back.
    Yah, looked like you caught her RIGHT in the solar plexus with it. Very on point. You looked really good in that one. It really seemed like after she hit you a couple of times you decided nothing she could throw at you could really hurt you and just waded in to start the ass kicking. I give it two thumbs up.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234