Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 1:23pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    What is with the CRKT hate? While taking a bit to get used to the OutBurst assisted opening I find faster and more comfortable then the Kershaw "knub." The only knife that deploys faster is the my Emerson with its Wave Tech. Also CRKT has the AutoLAWKS tech while making the knife tough to close one handed, I don't have a folder that more sturdy once deployed.
    I'm enjoying the extra nub on the back side of my CRKT M16-14. Not only does it act as a crossguard in case I ever get in a knifefight, it's also a thumbstop, and best of all, it helps open the folder. After I bought it, I switched the clip around so it rides point up while closed. It says in the booklet with it not to do this, but then why do they make it with holes so you can rig the clip to carry this way? Anyways, when I draw it from where it's clipped on my pocket, I make sure to catch the back nub on the edge of my pocket and it opens itself. Much quicker than taking it out, then having to open it. It freaks people out when they see me pull it and it clicks open by itself, too.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit View Post
    I'm enjoying the extra nub on the back side of my CRKT M16-14. Not only does it act as a crossguard in case I ever get in a knifefight, it's also a thumbstop, and best of all, it helps open the folder. After I bought it, I switched the clip around so it rides point up while closed. It says in the booklet with it not to do this, but then why do they make it with holes so you can rig the clip to carry this way? Anyways, when I draw it from where it's clipped on my pocket, I make sure to catch the back nub on the edge of my pocket and it opens itself. Much quicker than taking it out, then having to open it. It freaks people out when they see me pull it and it clicks open by itself, too.
    they probably say not to do it, because emerson has a copyright on their "wave" feature. if the knife is not sold set up to take advantage of that, but you go against their advice and switch the clip, it's not them who is violating copyright.

emerson seems to be willing to license the design, as i see it on spyderco knives, with credit to emerson for the design.

but i'm just guessing.

YouTube - Emerson Karambit Wave
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 3:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I carry a Kershaw. Best $50 I have ever spent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 4:56pm

Style: ex-wrestling, boxing newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are the ones I usually use. I also have a CRKT M16-13KZ that I occasionally use.

Spyderco Native:

Benchmade Griptilian:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 4:57pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clean your fucking car

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 5:05pm

Style: ex-wrestling, boxing newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 5:51pm

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Emerson Karambit + A good FMA guy = :icon_twis

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 7:23pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post

emerson seems to be willing to license the design, as i see it on spyderco knives, with credit to emerson for the design.

but i'm just guessing.

That is true Emerson is licensing the Wave Tech now.

Quote Originally Posted by thaclient View Post
    That Emerson Karambit + A good FMA guy = :icon_twis

I actually have this knife, I stopped carrying it because it a bit too much "I slice people" and not enough "Its just my pocket knife"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2009 9:46pm

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually have this knife, I stopped carrying it because it a bit too much "I slice people" and not enough "Its just my pocket knife"
    And you're right that this is a valid downside to carrying that thing. For me, I carry a knife most of the time because it comes in handy in every day tasks. I suppose if I were a LEO, military, or a person who carried a knife only for SD reasons then it wouldn't be a downside to that knife, but it's a little much to slice open some packaging or any other "daily" knife task. OTOH, I would not want to be on the receiving end of that blade.

Posted On:
    3/20/2009 2:26am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is true Emerson is licensing the Wave Tech now.

I find the shape of the blade makes it surprisingly versatile for everyday tasks. If anyone asks, I just tell them its a linoleum knife.

If the police were to ask, I would just tell them I am a police recruit and quote the relevant section of the penal code.

Besides, I wasn't going to spend money on the damn thing and not get any use out of it.
    I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
    Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast