Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2009 1:24pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Woot for cheap ****! Easily lost/stolen/left at crime scene and replaced with no emotional attachment. Hooray for cheap steel!

Posted On:
    3/25/2009 2:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JFJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    +1 for Kershaw. My EDC is a plain-edge Boa like this one

With CPM-440V as the blade steel, it's a pain to sharpen... but holds the edge a very long time.

I also rotate in my Bump, Scallion, Chive, and Vapor. All decent knives. Kershaw makes good stuff, and has crazy-good customer service... to those of you who damaged yours, just send them to Kershaw and they'll fix them free (which often means just sending you a new knife).... And if you lose/break your pocket clip/torsion bar/screws, just email Kershaw & they'll send you replacements free. Really good service.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2009 11:57am

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carried Kalishnakov partially serated in tan when our uniform pants were lighter brown. When the uniform changed to black, started carrying the S&W SRT (serrated). The Cold Steel Recon1 in spear point is my favorite for jeans.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/28/2009 10:41pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After thinking about this thread for a couple of days, I find myself really wanting a Cold Steel Recon 1 with partially serrated tanto blade.

The idea came to me when I realized that I was previously limited to a blade length of less than three inches only because I wanted to be able to (legally) carry on campus. With that restriction out of the way, I didn't find anything else of concern in the statutes.

I figure the end of the blade roughly approximates the angle of a box cutter (whatever that may be worth). Normally I wouldn't want serrations, but I'd like them since most of the point of getting this knife would be to have something more capable than my Wrangler.

Does any of you have an opinion about this knife?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 3:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who here is annoyed by the gey state laws on carrying a concealed weapon?

Certain knives I want are illegal to carry here in MD. WTF

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 9:15am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrogantBastard View Post
    Who here is annoyed by the gey state laws on carrying a concealed weapon?

Certain knives I want are illegal to carry here in MD. WTF
    For example? MD knife laws aren't really that bad. No Fixed Blades, No double sided knives, no Multi point knives, no switchblades, 4-6" max blade limit depending on the county.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 10:29am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just ordered a Leatherman c304. http://www.leathermanstore.com/leatherman16.html

Pretty inexpensive, but I'm hoping its decent quality. I have a CRKT M16, but since I don't wear a uniform, I don't want to carry something that screams "tactical".

The Leatherman looks more like a tool; no serrations, no weird blade shape or color (not blacked out or camo). Plus it has two screwdrivers and can open a beer bottle with the lanyardring. At the same time it has a thumb stud and a locking blade.

Hopefully the extra tools won't make it to thick to carry. If so, I'll throw it a toolkit or glovebox, was only $38.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    After thinking about this thread for a couple of days, I find myself really wanting a Cold Steel Recon 1 with partially serrated tanto blade.

The idea came to me when I realized that I was previously limited to a blade length of less than three inches only because I wanted to be able to (legally) carry on campus. With that restriction out of the way, I didn't find anything else of concern in the statutes.

I figure the end of the blade roughly approximates the angle of a box cutter (whatever that may be worth). Normally I wouldn't want serrations, but I'd like them since most of the point of getting this knife would be to have something more capable than my Wrangler.

Does any of you have an opinion about this knife?
    yeah, i have an opinion. save up a little more money and get an emerson CQC7BT instead.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 11:14am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Benchmade or Spyderco would be a big upgrade from Cold Steel, too, and fall between CS and Emerson on price depending on what you get.

I still carry my Benchmade 550 Mel Pardue every day. Good stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2009 2:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    For example? MD knife laws aren't really that bad. No Fixed Blades, No double sided knives, no Multi point knives, no switchblades, 4-6" max blade limit depending on the county.
    Well I want to carry a fixed blade like a KABAR
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast