Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/15/2009 12:38pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Negative. That looks to be some hooah hooah General's pipe dream of how the Big Army can regain its former use as a strikeforce element that has generally been co-opted by the SOCOM community at this point. The way things are moving now, half that **** still won't exist by 2020, and it certainly won't be fielded in division sized numbers.

The Vanguard I'm referring to is a school somewhere (I think in the Chicago area) where the instructors teach stuff that, from my perspective, is questionably TMA in terms of "pinpoint strikes," but also do a ridiculous amount of transitioning from primary weapon to unarmed, to secondary weapon, etc against resisting opponents. I haven't been able to locate any sort of website or information for the school, so I can't speak of it other than from the little bit I've seen taught. I'm pretty suspicious of the whole thing, but have also seen smatterings of potential usefulness, so I'll withhold judgement until I know more.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    3/15/2009 2:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Well.. in my never to be humble opinion...

...total bullshit.

All BJJ based, everything looks great... not a helmet or a back pack or a web belt in the room...

..that makes all of those moves VERY different from the real world.
    -rep. I'm not precisely sure what you wish our armed forces were doing for H2H, but it appears like you didn't watch the video.

"Feedback from soldiers on the ground"...."8x8 room"..."there's a reason we're not shooting them"...and was that 2 on 1 at the end?

They're grappling with random surprise tasers. I wish I saw more standing work, but frankly I don't care. This is good training.

Oh--and as for backpacks and gear etc, is that really necessary to learn the fundamentals? You add injuries (helmet plus nose equals what?) and increase the learning curve (my bridge escape in a backpack sucks) in order to gain minor familiarity with wearing gear. Do I approve of training in the gear you'll be wearing when you use the skills? Yes. After the introductory and possibly intermediate stages.
    Last edited by 1point2; 3/15/2009 2:33pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2009 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I don't know why you would want to teach someone basics with all their gear on. Seems like you would be able to apply techniques with gear on a lot easier if you already had a good understanding of the techniques. Plus it is also a lot easier to keep sharp on those techniques by rolling.

I commend the Army for the MACP. I think it is awesome. I'm proud of our military and think they are doing great by implementing and maintaining it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12