Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 3:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with the Americana, which is a move I am able to finish often, is that people do it wrong. They make no effort to isolate, which is really the key, and they usually get to high and rolled. It's all about the cinch at the beginning. Pulling the arm into an acute V allows the muscles to become less effective, and the angle of finish to be arrived at much more quickly. Also, a lot of "argument" can be taken out of the bottom man if you just roll the wrist of the hand that's grabbing your wrist, as if you were doing a forearm exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 3:27pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I finish Americana's all the time, I actually find a Kimura to be harder to do. Though I tend to get mine from mount and side control with equal frequency.

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 3:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) That's a rubber guard shin choke. I was talking about one from sidemount.
    2) I've never tried a baseball bat choke from sidemount in mma sparring. In bjj rolling I find it pretty easy to get whether the opponent knows it's coming or not. To be fair, I usually trick my opponents into passing my guard and finish them with it as they pass. Pretty cool.
    3) Where have you seen a mounted triangle or s-mount? I wouldn't mind a video.
    4) It is easy to transition from a paintbrush from mount to a paintbrush from sidemount to a kimura from sidemount if necessary or to a straght armlock.
    Last edited by Grappler; 3/12/2009 3:34pm at .

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 3:30pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually find that a tie-off to S-Mount to Americana confuses the hell out of most Judoka.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grappler View Post
    Where have you seen a mounted triangle or s-mount? I wouldn't mind a video.
    S-Mount shows up in Judo comps all the time. I have a video of myself at the Penn Open getting S-Mount. Couldn't manage to do anything once I got there but hey, details.

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 3:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler View Post
    1) That's a rubber guard shin choke. I was talking about one from sidemount.
    2) I've never tried a baseball bat choke from sidemount in mma sparring. In bjj rolling I find it pretty easy to get whether the opponent knows it's coming or not. To be fair, I usually trick my opponents into passing my guard and finish them with it as they pass. Pretty cool.
    3) Where have you seen a mounted triangle or s-mount? I wouldn't mind a video.
    3) Every D. Maia fight ever.

2) It's a baseball choke, and you saw that on a video. Getting this move no gi from bottom is an impossibility as far as I'm aware. It's only possible from bottom with a gi.

1) What the **** is a shin choke if you don't mean gogoplata? Do you mean a locoplata, like a gogo from S?
    In which case, please see Vinny Magalaesh's fight against that big dumb white hick in last season's The Ultimate Fighter. He finishes it as an armbar/shoulder lock.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 3:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant MMA.

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 3:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a picture reference. The fight with Vinny was MMA. I was posting that to see if it's what you meant, tard.

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 3:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted before your reply appeared, fag. See, the time of the posts is identical, 8:35 PM.
    There are other shin chokes. Basically, from sidemount, put your shin across the neck and pull up on the head. Haven't seen that one anywhere

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 4:02pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh. Well that's because it doesn't work. Where do you train, Grappler?

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 4:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll keep my anonymity, damn it. I didn't ask anyone here for a CV so let's just keep it an anonymous Internet board. Fair enough? As for doesn't work... Well, I hardly ever use that move, so I'm not an expert at it. Just an option.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast