Posted On:
    9/23/2009 5:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tai chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    LARP tastic?

So seriously, why don't you just find a club close to you and train there instead of a park in subiaco?
    lol... im too poor, and also we just do sparring or drills, no kata. alot of places only do forms, which may have some benefit, but we like the sparring, particularly with multiple people. (plus its really accessible for me anyway) we try to cover as much as we can such as kickboxing, judo, bjj, boxing, capoera, kali, eskrima n so on.

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:15am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 73h r341 h3x View Post
    lol... im too poor, and also we just do sparring or drills, no kata. alot of places only do forms, which may have some benefit, but we like the sparring, particularly with multiple people. (plus its really accessible for me anyway) we try to cover as much as we can such as kickboxing, judo, bjj, boxing, capoera, kali, eskrima n so on.
    You are spreading yourself too thin and most likely not covering any of it enough to become proficient.

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” - Bruce Lee
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mmm... cheers for the insight, ill keep that in mind :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i spose the biggest barrier to getting together a meet is probably the trust issue... you dont wanna put yourself at risk with some random on the internets... lol anyone who wants to train, please send me a PM, and ill add you on msn, or facebook or whatever, and we can get to know each other and so on, and if you're still interested we could meet n train :)

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Na the biggest barrier is geography, Australia is fucking huge and only has ~20mil people. I can't believe people bitch about traveling two hours to throwdowns in the US, it would take me 53 hours via car to drive to Perth to train with you.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rofl... fair enough! i saw a couple of your competition videos- pretty intense ey! im thinking of doing a competition when im ready, but im not sure when that would be...

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 10:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just remember that it's sport, even if what you are doing now is effective training it probably won't prepare you for a full contact sporting match. You need to train for the ruleset, i'd get destroyed in a boxing match.

If you really want to compete join one of the fine gyms Perth has to offer and train your arse off.
    Kenny Weldon

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 6:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cheers, being stuck in a ring, surrounded by a rowdy audience would seem pretty daunting ey. i guess competition is probably the best way of pressure testing what you know, save for starting a fight in the street! oh well... i better train up!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2009 12:40am

Style: Jiu Jits, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey pyro, sorry I didn't make the TD, I was kinda in lockup lol. long story tho.

Hopefully all the perth bullies can catch up soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2010 12:00pm

Style: Moo Thai & Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did this happen?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234