Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 9:57pm

Style: Boxing, Beginner BJJ,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wheybolic Extreme-60

I have yet to put on the significant gains that have been reported by some.
    However there was definite improvement after taking Wheybolic.
    It is however on the expensive side. Overall Wheybolic 60 is whey protein isolate based, giving a high quality, rapidly deliverable protein to your body. It also has a high Leucine content and studies have shown significant growth in muscle size. In summary, if you can afford to spend the money- you will be getting a good product.
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 1:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not a weight gainer mix though....most of those are carbtacular in sugars anyways. Something like this is only part of a strategy if your objective was to gain weight.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    5/20/2009 1:52pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $60, how many servings are in that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2009 11:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are 18 servings in my 3lb container.

As for the gains- The product advertises "30% increase in Muscle Size, strength and endurance with half the sets!!!"
    While using this product I found that not to be entirely true.
    About the only thing i really experienced was an increase in Muscle recovery the day after my workouts.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 12:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRoger View Post
    The product advertises "30% increase in Muscle Size, strength and endurance with half the sets!!!"
    While using this product I found that not to be entirely true.
    I am shocked.

---

Looking at the label, it's just whey protein isolate, a bunch of enzymes (most of which have nothing to do with protein), and flavouring. Yes, they talk about glutamine and leucine, but it doesn't look like they're adding any - those amino acids are present in whey by default.

At 60g protein per 82g of powder, that works out to 73% protein by weight, or 997g protein per 3lb tub.

Regular price is $59.99, gold card is $47.99, and they've got a buy one get one half-off promo on right now. Assuming you have the gold card, get the promo, and aren't paying any other tax or shipping, that works out to... $0.036 per gram of protein, which is not the best price you can get, but not obscenely overpriced either. Needless to say, that goes way up if the above assumptions don't hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 12:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    I am shocked.

---

Looking at the label, it's just whey protein isolate, a bunch of enzymes (most of which have nothing to do with protein), and flavouring. Yes, they talk about glutamine and leucine, but it doesn't look like they're adding any - those amino acids are present in whey by default.

At 60g protein per 82g of powder, that works out to 73% protein by weight, or 997g protein per 3lb tub.

Regular price is $59.99, gold card is $47.99, and they've got a buy one get one half-off promo on right now. Assuming you have the gold card, get the promo, and aren't paying any other tax or shipping, that works out to... $0.036 per gram of protein, which is not the best price you can get, but not obscenely overpriced either. Needless to say, that goes way up if the above assumptions don't hold.
    This seems to be the case with most of the products i try. I don't mind the trial and error and i am glad Bullshido allows me a place to rate the products.
    My favorite so far are the "Scientifically engineered formula" that will "boost your energy" then in tiny print "Contains 600mg caffeine" lolz

is badder than you

Posted On:
    5/22/2009 12:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For purposes of price comparison, you might want to take a look at TrueProtein.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.