Page 15 of 16 First ... 5111213141516 Last
  1. #141
    Rock Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,134
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love a good bit of kong fu u, especially with a bowl of rice.

    And then ?

    Name:  dude.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  8.2 KB
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any one has a slim knowledge of physics would know hu bu zhuang is a forward stance having the hips square and " 50/50% weight placement" is impossible .as to "a horrible forward lean of the head, which causes the sacrum to stick out." was just one of his unpleasant stories he made ,you can see my pictures .

    also attached grand master li's liuhe spear which xylh founder ji long feng leaned same spear :http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_7841094d0101de4z.html

  3. #143

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    20
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Dr Stephen Yan's Yin Yang ba pan zhang

    Stephen Yan's Yin Yang ba pan zhang

    bagua zhang came from Yin Yang ba pan zhang Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	14800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	14801

    more pictures:http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_7841094d0101drpa.html

  4. #144
    Chili Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I can see that your time on Bullshido is going to be interesting.

  5. #145
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,343
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Stephen Yan View Post
    Stephen Yan's Yin Yang ba pan zhang

    bagua zhang came from Yin Yang ba pan zhang Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	14800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	14801

    more pictures:http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_7841094d0101drpa.html
    In the future, if you wish to post on Bullshido, please use this thread to do so.

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cuddleton
    Posts
    410
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Totally being serious here, is there any point to learning CMA like this for any reason other than culture?

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    447
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With all due respect. An incredible waste of time. If it doesn't work in at least hard sparring against another MA, then you don't know what works and what doesn't. End of story.

  8. #148
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    In the future, if you wish to post on Bullshido, please use this thread to do so.
    Oh, Jnp didn't know I merged your other thread and you disregarded my admonishment.
    That's 2. Infractions starts on the next one.


    On second thought? Nope, now.

  9. #149
    Resonance10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SarfLondon UK
    Posts
    795
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Totally being serious here, is there any point to learning CMA like this for any reason other than culture?
    Why yes. You also get a smug sense of superiority and an ablilty to come over like a condescending self regarding twat on the basis of nothing whatsoever combined with an inability to see that others see that.
    Last edited by Resonance10; 5/04/2013 5:35am at .

  10. #150
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    With all due respect. An incredible waste of time. If it doesn't work in at least hard sparring against another MA, then you don't know what works and what doesn't. End of story.
    Not entirely. It depends on what your goals are. Your statement is true if your goal is to learn and art that will teach you to fight well. It is not true if your goal is to learn an art that will help you to increase flexibility, inner peace, fitness, or learn different about a different culture. Some people want to train Kungfu simply because it looks cool and they want to look cool, without ever having to fight.

    All things are relative.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Page 15 of 16 First ... 5111213141516 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO