Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263 6465666773 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2009 1:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    And none of them are doing the belt testing option. Who gives a **** about belts?
    you need something to close the kurtka, right? ;-)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2009 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomalan View Post
    you need something to close the kurtka, right? ;-)
    Exactly!!!

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 1:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but you have to pass the belt thingy to get to the master cycle videos

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 2:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sley View Post
    but you have to pass the belt thingy to get to the master cycle videos
    haha, i completely forgot about that part. good point.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/19/2009 7:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha, i completely forgot about that part. good point.
    Also you need the belt to teach, which is why they shouldn't allow any belts, they should just Open the whole thing up, no belts, but all the techniques could be bought, I might actually buy then. But why does say a purple belt from somewhere else need to relearn these 36 moves?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 4:50am

Style: BJJ/GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also you need the belt to teach, which is why they shouldn't allow any belts, they should just Open the whole thing up, no belts, but all the techniques could be bought, I might actually buy then. But why does say a purple belt from somewhere else need to relearn these 36 moves?
    Some good points.

Firstly if all the techniques were available to choose to buy, guys would buy what they perceived to be the coolest moves. And what's the point in being great at the omoplata from guard if you can't escape from under topmount? The techniques are carefully ordered to allow the students to gradually build up their awareness & their confidence at the basics before moving on.

Secondly, 95% of BJJ clubs out there are sportive - and as a result a purple belt from another club probably won't know the techniques 'for the street'. We've seen plenty of examples of this. In fact we've had purple belts train that have big chunks missing out of the basics like the elbow escape.

But with things like armbar from topmount, someone with previous experience will obviously have the gross body mechanics down, and will only have to fine-tune the details. This should mean they accelerate through the programme quicker.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 9:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sapateiro View Post
    Some good points.

Firstly if all the techniques were available to choose to buy, guys would buy what they perceived to be the coolest moves. And what's the point in being great at the omoplata from guard if you can't escape from under topmount? The techniques are carefully ordered to allow the students to gradually build up their awareness & their confidence at the basics before moving on.

Secondly, 95% of BJJ clubs out there are sportive - and as a result a purple belt from another club probably won't know the techniques 'for the street'. We've seen plenty of examples of this. In fact we've had purple belts train that have big chunks missing out of the basics like the elbow escape.

But with things like armbar from topmount, someone with previous experience will obviously have the gross body mechanics down, and will only have to fine-tune the details. This should mean they accelerate through the programme quicker.
    I see where your going here, I don't really have this problem so I often over look it (head BJJ instructor is also MMA coach.)

Speak of, he is a second Degree Black belt Carlson Sr. He said he would be happy to submit a test, posing as a white Belt, to test its legitimacy. So long as some one else payed :)

We shoud so get a 5 degree Black belt like Carlson Jr. or some one thats a better Grappler to submit a test, it would be priceless

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 2:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see where your going here, I don't really have this problem so I often over look it (head BJJ instructor is also MMA coach.)

Speak of, he is a second Degree Black belt Carlson Sr. He said he would be happy to submit a test, posing as a white Belt, to test its legitimacy. So long as some one else payed :)

We shoud so get a 5 degree Black belt like Carlson Jr. or some one thats a better Grappler to submit a test, it would be priceless
    i seriously might be willing to chip in some funds for the purpose of objectively measuring any bullshido present in Gracie U.
    seriously. anyone else want in? test fee is USD $85

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 3:23am

Style: Baji, Boxing, Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm willing to throw in some cash.

Posted On:
    10/21/2009 10:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've mentioned this before, but it apparently bears repeating: there is no guarantee of a pass. also worth repeating: if i understand correctly, there's about 35-40 years of teaching experience between Ryron and Rener, so if they're watching video submissions, they know when someone's half-assing the bad guy behaviour and when someone's half-assing the jiu-jitsu. on the Q&A forum, iirc, they stated that they fail about 50% of submissions, so just because you can find a crap video of people's blue belt qualification drills, doesn't mean that video got them a passing score.
    sheesh.
    YouTube - Gracie Insider Bonus - Dr Rey Blue Belt Test

that idiot passed So please don't preach to us about the wonderful Rener and Ryron the off spring of Whorion. That dude is respected by nobody in the Gracie family. Hell, he is actually hated.