Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 4:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ShotokoN/brawleR/

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So water starts to seap in..This is the beginning of greed,rather than fine preservation.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 4:30am

Style: BJJ/GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pLackR.brizzL View Post
    So water starts to seap in..This is the beginning of greed,rather than fine preservation.....
    So the eldest grandsons of the creator of the art (along with his brother) make a DVD series to allow the public to see the practical side of the art as it was created, and this isn't fine preservation?

Don't let the facts stand in the way of an opportunity to make unfounded inane comments about something you know nothing about, eh?

You want to read an excellent unbiased review on this series? Check out slideys review. Otherwise, you could just stay on here & make dumb wisecracks like a prepubescant ignoramus...

I'm gonna exit this rantfest now to go teach.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/08/2009 9:03pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sapateiro View Post
    So the eldest grandsons of the creator of the art (along with his brother) make a DVD series to allow the public to see the practical side of the art as it was created, and this isn't fine preservation?

Don't let the facts stand in the way of an opportunity to make unfounded inane comments about something you know nothing about, eh?

You want to read an excellent unbiased review on this series? Check out slideys review. Otherwise, you could just stay on here & make dumb wisecracks like a prepubescant ignoramus...

But your still weakening the quality of BJJ, if the testing had to been do in person it would be ok.

Also I highly doubt that the GJJ Comabative blue belts would be able to KO all the "masters" I can just imagine him storming into a school and challenging the head instructor to a match,and then finding out the instructors Omega and getting his Interwebz learning ass KTFO

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 12:43am

Style: Baji, Boxing, Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their DVD's aren't really impressive either. I leeched a few online. As limited as my grappling is, I could see holes where a strike could easily slide in.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 1:13am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Their DVD's aren't really impressive either. I leeched a few online. As limited as my grappling is, I could see holes where a strike could easily slide in.
    Speaking of striking in BJJ Check out Carlson Gracie Sr.'s book

Amazon.com: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: For Experts Only (9781931229340): Carlson Gracie, Julio Fernandez: Books

Now for the non advertising portion of my post

Disregarding striking while on your back with them controlling your hips, correct?

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:00am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you be specific? I'd be interested to know exactly which lessons had these holes, as it might be helpful for updating my review.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sley View Post
    But your still weakening the quality of BJJ, if the testing had to been do in person it would be ok.

Also I highly doubt that the GJJ Comabative blue belts would be able to KO all the "masters" I can just imagine him storming into a school and challenging the head instructor to a match,and then finding out the instructors Omega and getting his Interwebz learning ass KTFO
    lol. my post was meant to reflect irony, sorry about the ambiguity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 2:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their DVD's aren't really impressive either.
    i could be wrong, but i think you're the first person to say that.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 3:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay.....sure.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2009 3:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sapateiro View Post

I get you..With respect,i just don't see how one could attain a blue belt sitting behind a computer on line...So lemme ask you this,since your a brown belt/bjj guy.MOst reputable schools give rank by grapplers quest,local tournaments ect..Would you pit a blue belt who gained rank online Vs a blue belt who's gained rank by roLLing?And if so,who in your opinion would prevail? :new_microAnd by the way idiot,this thread is called Gracie University..Which real guys know that this is online learning,nobody's talking about dvd's you ass clown.
    Last edited by pLackR.brizzL; 10/09/2009 3:10am at .