Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253 5455565763103 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 11:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I donno, what to say, I will just have to try and roll with some Gracie Combative blue belts, sadly I come from a skewed vision of goodness considering strips at my place are only gained by winning at naga, or C3...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 12:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been lucky enough to see both sides of things but I've always been about the self defense more than the sport side of stuff.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 12:21am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still don't see this as a good idea... Just from the perspective that I "know" and can demonstrate on a compliant partner about 5x the number of techniques I can actually pull of reliably against a resisting person. I "know" enough **** to be a brown belt, but my actual ability is (hopefully by the end of this month) nooby blue belt.
    Any kind of grading that doesn't take ability to perform into account as the primary grading factor is suspect in my eyes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 12:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're judging from too little information, that's all I can say. The combatives and the online system fill a gap. take a closer look at it. You can post questions to the Gracies that get answered in short order, you can get together with other people to work out. It's a complete system if it's actually used properly and if not, you're not going to get rank. I know these guys. I trust their judgement and I would never assume they've sold out. Maybe that's why I feel differently, I've actually spent time with them and maybe I'm just biased, I don't know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 12:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In any case I'm sick of arguing with people about it because time will tell one way or another.

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 12:44am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time will only tell if the combative students compete in some fashion so that their abilities can be judged against those over other competitors. IF they don't compete, then they are just as bad as any other "Too Deadly" ninjer wannabe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 12:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be judged fairly they'd have to compete in NHB competitions, which no longer exist. You're missing the entire point. I've seen plenty of competitive sport BJJ guys get their asses handed to them in MMA and real fights. Real is real, competition with rules ... isn't.

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 12:55am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, now you're just being fuckstupid.
    Can you do your **** without being punched in the face? NO??
    Then why do you think you can suddenly do it while being punched in the face?
    Enter Grappling competitions, enter MMA competitions, enter Pancrase ,whatever you want. But if you can't do your **** with rules then the sudden removal of rules is not going to make you superman.

I can't fucking believe you just argued against competition in a fucking Gracie JiuJitsu thread... JEsus fucking on a cracker... Is it just retard week here?

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 1:00am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by willparadigm View Post
    To be judged fairly they'd have to compete in NHB competitions, which no longer exist. You're missing the entire point. I've seen plenty of competitive sport BJJ guys get their asses handed to them in MMA and real fights. Real is real, competition with rules ... isn't.
    And your thinking is ass backwards. You've seen sport BJJ guys compete against others who've had similar amounts of training so really you've seen "sport" guys beating other sport BJJ guys :bduh:. The internet Jits'ers need to grapple against other grapplers of the same "level" if they overall do poorly, then we will have our answer.

(Btw this kinda bs makes me fear the rise of too D3adly 2 Comp3t3 Zhoo ZHIT ZHOO):suicide:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2009 1:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I've seen sport BJJ guys get beaten bloody by highschool wrestler barfighters that knew how to throw a punch. I'm not arguing against competition, I'm arguing against the wrong kind of competition. Get your head out of your ass. Do you really think the Gracies are going to let someone get rank beyond a simple blue belt without knowing they can make this stuff work competitively? If you do then I was right, you haven't looked into it. And btw, when I train, I train to defend against punches all the time, not just some of the time so who do you think is going to be better at not getting hit someone who actually trains it or some naga trophy winner?